Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Mod in Stages, or Buy the Full Stage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020 | 10:17 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Default Do You Mod in Stages, or Buy the Full Stage?

I'm looking for some help from my fellow RL 991.2 enthusiasts... How do you prefer your Mod Paths? A-La-Carte or Combo Meal?

I'll start! I like to have an understanding of how the integration of each mod plays out in the performance, feedback, and driving experience. So I tend to gravitate towards buying in a slow methodical (often over-researched) manner to get an understanding of cause and effect while going down this path.

We've had request for a 'stage', which I can completely understand as there is a financial disadvantage to buying parts singularly vs a 'package' price. The most common 'Stage' request is for the Vektor Performance Headers & High Flow Cats (pic attached). Would there be even further interest in if a tuning platform was added to the mix?

Thanks everyone!

Old 05-29-2020 | 10:30 AM
polobai
Drifting

For me, I like the individual approach as I like to see the results from each mod (if any are present). I also like to mix components depending on what is best for my needs and setup.
The following users liked this post:
VektorPerformance (05-29-2020)
Old 06-02-2020 | 08:25 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by polobai
For me, I like the individual approach as I like to see the results from each mod (if any are present). I also like to mix components depending on what is best for my needs and setup.
Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone else care to share their personal MOD strategy?
Old 06-02-2020 | 09:06 AM
911CSC
Pro

Because parts for these cars aren't in stock I just ordered all I needed within a few days, waiting time for almost everything is 3 to 5 weeks.

I've been lucky that most of my orders have been pushed and it looks like most are taking 3 weeks and not 5 weeks
Old 06-02-2020 | 03:03 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

I mod as the mood suits and the toy budget permits
Old 06-02-2020 | 03:14 PM
Rennlist Member

It also depends on the car. Most of my previous cars (BMW's and 1 Audi) I had been hunting for them for some time, so while I found the 'one' I was looking for I would also be getting and stashing the mods I knew I was going to be doing so when the car came in I had it all installed over a week or two (myself). But these were cars that I've had prior experience with. The .2 911 is different, I think the car is so well out of the box, and I had not owned one but have plenty of seat time on and off the track in base-GT3 variants that I had an 'idea' of what I was looking for in terms of mods. For example, exhaust for me isnt getting any power out of it, but purely sound. I am temped to do headers but I am on the fence because I am not sure I like the sound of headers with a catless setup. But enjoy the PSE with catless pipes. So for me, its as the wifes mood is in before I pull the trigger on a mod or two slowly over time for the 911. :P
Old 06-02-2020 | 03:19 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

cosmetic all at once but performance a la carte so i can recognize each change.. e.g. how it sounds w/ just sport cats, vs then adding headers... or with my tune i drove stg1 for a while before loading stg 2
Old 06-03-2020 | 02:38 PM
97supratt
Burning Brakes

I like to jump right in. Skip stage 1 and go to 2.
Old 06-09-2020 | 09:03 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Great feedback guys. Really appreciate it!

If anyone else would like to chime in feel free!

Quick Reply: Do You Mod in Stages, or Buy the Full Stage?