Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned .2 GTS launch

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 11:33 AM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 560 Likes on 372 Posts

It’s your COBB tune, too much torque too fast and computer shuts it down. Suggest you get the COBB protune and have a shop modify your torque curve while on dyno.
If you look APR tune hp and torque curve here, more linear and peak is later in rpm range. They also describe how much effort they placed on making car drivable and not spin tires everywhere.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 11:43 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Norge911
It’s your COBB tune, too much torque too fast and computer shuts it down. Suggest you get the COBB protune and have a shop modify your torque curve while on dyno.
If you look APR tune hp and torque curve here, more linear and peak is later in rpm range. They also describe how much effort they placed on making car drivable and not spin tires everywhere.
Is yours pro tuned? How does the car behave other than on launch? i originally planned on pro tuning but honestly i enjoy the car so much i'd hate to lose any aspect of the way it drives today(except the launch of course). I love more than anything to be a able to get on it coming out of a turn and getting the rear nice and loose
Old 05-16-2020, 01:33 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 575 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by eysa
I'll be renting an airport with a bunch of friends soon and will have the opportunity to try it. I plan to lower tire pressure to maybe 28lbs and see how it does. Will post results once I do.
I use to auto-x at an airstrip. The surface was very high abrasion, high grip. You could see the rubber coming off the tires as the cars cornered. It should be a good surface to launch on.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:19 AM
stoutthedog
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

You might try launching in "Sport" instead of "Sport+". Launching is "Sport" I think you don't get the added boost pressure which will reduce HP at launch, but as a result, will reduce wheelspin.

Quick Reply: Tuned .2 GTS launch