Feeding audio system higher quality music

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 12:50 PM
evannever
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Spotify through Bluetooth

Originally Posted by Jack F
So what is obvious is that the Bose 12 speaker system in my car sounds much better when its playing a cd. When I play Sirius XM, it really doesn’t sound good. A tweeter upgrade is in the works so that might help. After speaking with someone about the audio system and possible upgrade to many of the components, I was told that I might not be happy with the sound if I’m listening to Sirius XM mostly. This is a 19 C4 GTS.

I have an android phone. Id like to get a better understanding of what can be played through the various SD cards to provide a better audio input. I’m not very techy but would like to improve the quality of what is being played. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Okay, for an easy solution I recommend the following:
  • Ensure your Android is Bluetooth connected to your your car. If you can take or make calls through the car, you're likely good to go.
  • Download the Spotify player to your phone. I think you still have to set up an account, but the basic service is free.
  • If you have a good phone data plan, go into Spotify settings (A gear icon) and set the streaming music quality to the highest setting.
  • Try Searching out your favorite songs, and play them on your phone without hooking up to the car to make sure you have music and a connection.
  • Then stop the music and start your car let your phone connect to Bluetooth
  • Give it about a minute to connect then select your Bluetooth music source. On my 2015 I push "source" until "Aux BT" is selected
  • Then your Spotify may auto start playing, or open your phone and Spotify, and hit play. You should then hear exceptionally better music that Sirius.
Now, Spotify relies on your phone, so typically when I want to hear music, I choose AUX BT and then need to start the app and select my music. Unfortunately that means messing with your phone while in the car. If you like the service and sound, I'd recommend dropping XM and paying the $10/month for Spotify. Press the "heart" or like songs and it will begin building playlists based on your selections. These will refresh weekly or daily and open you up to music in your style that you may not have heard, or just give you variety.

Quick Reply: Feeding audio system higher quality music