IPD Dyno Test Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 03:08 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
That's the 991.1 GTS plenum.

I've spoke to Dundon at length about the runners. For a track car; where they are focused, the runners make sense. The labor is going to be $$$$$ with the work involved and the gains are all in the upper range. Like triple digit speed range. Great for the track but not really meaningful on the street.
Ah, that is why I was surprised to see that it looked like that.

No doubt that the benefits will be seen more on a track (front straight) rather than the street.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:20 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,197 Likes on 704 Posts

...with the work involved and the gains are all in the upper range. Like triple digit speed range. Great for the track but not really meaningful on the street.
When they said upper range they likely meant upper RPM range. The engine doesn't care how fast the car is moving.

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-d...ntake-runners/

Ton of tech info about this stuff in this video, the owner of Dundon geeks out about the intake manifolds, headers etc

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 04-02-2020 at 03:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
George from MD (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 03:30 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 186 Posts

Oh my apologies! I wasn't aware we were talking about the 991.1 I thought we were talking about the 991.2... yeah then I dunnos! I do know that they range from negligible to detrimental on the 991.2
Old 04-02-2020, 04:16 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
When they said upper range they likely meant upper RPM range. The engine doesn't care how fast the car is moving.

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-d...ntake-runners/

Ton of tech info about this stuff in this video, the owner of Dundon geeks out about the intake manifolds, headers etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrQ4sJD7_os
I believe it to be a quality product. For me, I'm not willing to sacrifice the loss from 2-6K for a street car. But - this is the beauty and fun of modifications. They allow an owner to fine tune the car in ways that allow them to enjoy how they drive and spend their own money accordingly.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:19 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,197 Likes on 704 Posts

FWIW I do see this now on Dundon's GT4 package, my understanding is the 991S is a very similar setup....

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/co...-gt4-clubsport

• Dundon Intake Runners - Directing and timing the pressure waves coming into and leaving the engine is what we do, the Dundon Intake Runners show this and enable large gains, carrying power all the way to redline, where the stock intake runners fall flat.
  • IPD Plenum/ GT3 Throttle Body - In our testing the IPD Plenum and GT3 TB aren't necessary for gains with headers/tune alone. They are necessary at these levels.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:15 PM
BlueShell
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 80 Posts

The plenum on it's own Is a good mod.
Not according to the video 😂
Old 04-02-2020, 05:35 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueShell
Not according to the video 😂
Opinions are fine but I know of several cars that had this as the first or only power mod with satisfied owners. Seems everyone that disagrees has never had one

For every video that says one thing I can post a video that says another. Welcome to the internet.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:46 PM
BlueShell
Racer

Opinions are fine but I know of several cars that had this as the first or only power mod with satisfied owners. Seems everyone that disagrees has never had one

For every video that says one thing I can post a video that says another. Welcome to the internet.
Opinion? Did you watch the video? They tested it with zero gains, so there's literally no power there.

Unless you want the mod for purely aesthetics, I'm not sure how it's plausibly a "good mod on it's own" or a "power mod".

You don't need to go see the ocean to know there's water. You don't need to travel to space to know it's pretty empty. That's what happens where there's enough data & documentation to help you extrapolate a conclusion.

Show me a video from an independent tester who found gains on a dyno and emphasizes on removing variables and keeps a consistent test parameter. People are biased and often try to avoid buyer's remorse which is why independent testing data is important.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:55 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueShell
Opinion? Did you watch the video? They tested it with zero gains.

Unless you want the mod for purely aesthetics, I'm not sure how it's plausibly a "good mod on it's own".
You'll never see it once installed.

Here's a video that says it is worth it. Tested with gains. We can keep going back and forth with internet videos if you like.... I know a couple people with this that are very happy they did it. One has an exhaust as well. Neither have tunes. I know a Cayman with one as well. I helped him install it. He's happy with it. My opinion is based on actual experience and having a couple cars with them right now. Your opinion seems to be based on something you saw one time on the internet; and I just matched you with counter internet propaganda to yours.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:58 PM
BlueShell
Racer

You'll never see it once installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYU6hbUW1W4

Here's a video that says it is worth it. Tested with gains. We can keep going back and forth with internet videos if you like.... I know a couple people with this that are very happy they did it. One has an exhaust as well. Neither have tunes. I know a Cayman with one as well. I helped him install it. He's happy with it. My opinion is based on actual experience and having a couple cars with them right now. Your opinion seems to be based on something you saw one time on the internet; and I just matched you with counter internet propaganda to yours.
Except that's not an "independent tester" -- it's literally a video of the manufacturer and a vendor who has skin in the game.

I don't think you understand what it means to remove bias and create consistent parameters for a test. That video from OP did a pretty good job. There is a saying that the plural of anecdote is not data.

Last edited by BlueShell; 04-02-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:56 PM
97supratt
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

Someone please send me a IPD plenum and dundon manifold set. I will dyno test it for everyone. 😁

Quick Reply: IPD Dyno Test Results