Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 2016 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 04:15 PM
SConn
Drifting

Received 976 Likes on 580 Posts

I would say, in this case, live with the front plate and don't mess with repainting. Not worth the time. However, if you don't have PPF in front, the chips will come... Oh yes, they will come.
Maybe use that as an opportunity down the road to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I don't think a bumper respray for cosmetic work is a big deal at all. It is so common and happens even with new cars (damaged in shipping, repainted by dealer, put on lot and never disclosed). I knew of a C7 that was hit by a snow plow on the dealer lot. It was repaired by dealer and the guy found out randomly after purchase. This was not on Carfax (of course). So ya, even one of your own cars may have had paint work and you'll have no idea.

And yes, only the extremely advanced, super expensive paint meters can read plastic paint depth.
​​​​​​
Old 03-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Lotusnfg
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Plugs

Hi all,
I had plugs in the front bumper of my old Boxster, we used to have front plates in FL. When I sold it, no questions asked, they were barely noticeable, painted to match the bumper.
I also own a fairly good paint meter, and it does not measure paint on plastic, only aluminum, and steel.
Regards
Old 03-17-2020, 11:36 PM
97supratt
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

Beautiful 991, congratulations enjoy in good health!!!! Very low miles!!

Quick Reply: New to me 2016 C2S