991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard of SE Motors in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020 | 02:24 PM
Nate2046
Rennlist Member

I noticed they’re advertising a car I have saved on autotrader at a dealer listed in Pompano Beach called ‘Southeast Auto Showroom.’ Is it a dealer network, or a reseller, or ???

https://www.semotorsgroup.com/invent...AB2A98GS122501

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Old 02-14-2020 | 04:31 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Too many tentacles spreading out, resellers of expensive models that won’t have real warranties.

Hard pass.
Old 02-14-2020 | 09:48 AM
Texas Porsche
Advanced

Unless you're stuck in looking around the Dallas area, I would seriously take a look at Mark Motors in Boerne Tx, just a tad NW of San Antonio. Large inventory of all things fast and good selection of Porsches. Very large clean showroom floor. Ask for Mario (no relation &#128526, very nice personable guy. I came close to pulling the trigger there on a '12 Basalt black base. Also take a look at RAC Performance in Carrollton, TX. Large inventory of 911 Porsches and I did visit there but they were a bit high, didn't really negotiate any but looked elsewhere. I found my baby in Houston at a small indy dealership.....Texas is really frickin big. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
RSBro (02-14-2020)
Old 02-14-2020 | 10:51 AM
RSBro
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Texas Porsche
Unless you're stuck in looking around the Dallas area, I would seriously take a look at Mark Motors in Boerne Tx, just a tad NW of San Antonio. Large inventory of all things fast and good selection of Porsches. Very large clean showroom floor. Ask for Mario (no relation &#128526, very nice personable guy. I came close to pulling the trigger there on a '12 Basalt black base. Also take a look at RAC Performance in Carrollton, TX. Large inventory of 911 Porsches and I did visit there but they were a bit high, didn't really negotiate any but looked elsewhere. I found my baby in Houston at a small indy dealership.....Texas is really frickin big. Good luck.
I almost bot a 2012.5 991.1 C2S from them a few months back, before they sold it lol. They were very helpful. See their ads on Cargurus and always have nice stuff. Their inventory seems to move quickly, so must be pretty good at what they do.
Texas Porsche (02-14-2020)
Old 02-15-2020 | 03:50 PM
AGGIEPILOT
Track Day

Ok, went by there today. There is nothing at that address, all signage shows an AT&T building / ware house that looks abandoned. There is a sign out front that shows the building is for lease. Sketchy to say the least unless they are planning on moving into it. There may be cars in there somewhere but I didn’t see any. Parking lot was empty.
The following 4 users liked this post by AGGIEPILOT:
fastforddriver (02-16-2020), RSBro (03-04-2020), sr5959 (02-15-2020), T3X4S (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020 | 04:49 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AGGIEPILOT
Ok, went by there today. There is nothing at that address, all signage shows an AT&T building / ware house that looks abandoned. There is a sign out front that shows the building is for lease. Sketchy to say the least unless they are planning on moving into it. There may be cars in there somewhere but I didn’t see any. Parking lot was empty.

WOW! I am glad I stayed away from a deal that was too good to be true. Unreal the world we live in that people make their living stealing and cheating others.
Old 02-15-2020 | 07:43 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

They are a scam operation. They scrape photos and ad copy from dealer web sites and then advertise at low prices. A buddy pursued an underpriced 2014 Carrera S and it was clearly a scam.

Here are their emails:

First email:

Hi, the 911 is still available for $45,000. It has 19,820 miles, clean title in hand, no accidents and no liens, 2 keys, never smoked in and always garaged. It has been recently inspected and rated in perfect condition. I have attached the Carfax and the Inspection report. I am selling it only to put a down payment on a new house. I have left the car with a broker, with all the paperwork (title signed by me, keys) since I am currently in Montreal, Canada with my new work contract as a pilot for First Air. Let me know if you are interested so I can put you in contact with them so you can inspect it, they have full Power of Attorney to sell it on my behalf.

More photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wKYw9qyWpef6E5oLA

Regards,
Drew Anthony Bond

Second email:

I have the car now at SE MOTORS GROUP in Fort Worth, TX, with the title, signed by me, keys and all the docs, and I have empowered them to transfer ownership on my behalf. You can inspect it and than pick it up from this location Mon to Fri from 9am to 5pm CST or on Sat from 10am to 2pm.
If you do not have that possibility you can also do it online and have it shipped to you. You will make payment to them, they will secure your payment and ship the vehicle (all shipping charges will be covered by me). You will receive it, inspect it for 7 days and if you accept it, they will pay me and transfer the title to your name, if not, they will pick it up from you and refund your full payment. To go ahead you will need to Start the Purchase on their website: www.semotorsgroup.com using my reference number (4DXLNJRTMH).

You have detailed description and Free Carfax & Inspection Report available on my listing: https://www.semotorsgroup.com/invent...CB2A91ES154230

SE MOTORS GROUP Fort Worth, Texas
Phone: (682) 499-9914
Toll Free: +1 (888) 877-1836

Regards,
Drew Anthony Bond
Mobile: +1 (438) 808-4401
Old 02-15-2020 | 10:11 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Wonder why Drew Anthony Bond just didn't go with the name Bond, James Bond. It's so much more believable.
Old 03-04-2020 | 03:29 AM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

I saw this car 2008 Porsche on web site craigslist for $25500, I have been going back and forth, asking where can I go look at car and I got this email from him it appears that Drew Anthony Bond and Jonathan Norton
Mobile: +1 (438) 808-4401 have the same phone #
Question; should I call him and toy with him and ask him if he is Drew or Jonathan .
Question ; how do we report these guys and get them put in jail and or find out how many people they have scammed ?

a380@pilotfirstair.com

to me

Mar 3, 2020, 8:30 PM (4 hours ago)

I have the car now at SE MOTORS GROUP in Fort Worth, TX (Website: semotorsgroup.com), with the title, signed by me, keys and all the docs, and I have empowered them to sell it on my behalf. You can inspect it and pick it up at this location Mon to Fri from 9am to 5pm CST or on Sat from 10am to 3pm. They can also ship it to you for a 7 days trial, just like Carvana does, and if you find issues with it you can reject it and get your money back, and I will cover the shipping costs if necessary. My reference number is (0U56YFIFU0), you will need it to book the vehicle online if you want it to.

You can find detailed description and Free Carfax & Inspection Report by Carchex available on my SE Motors listing here: https://www.semotorsgroup.com/invent...AB29968S732001

SE Motors Group Fort Worth, TX

Regards,
Jonathan Norton
Old 03-04-2020 | 12:18 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jdoc1949

I saw this car 2008 Porsche on web site craigslist for $25500, I have been going back and forth, asking where can I go look at car and I got this email from him it appears that Drew Anthony Bond and Jonathan Norton
Mobile: +1 (438) 808-4401 have the same phone #
Question; should I call him and toy with him and ask him if he is Drew or Jonathan .
Question ; how do we report these guys and get them put in jail and or find out how many people they have scammed ?

a380@pilotfirstair.com

to me

Mar 3, 2020, 8:30 PM (4 hours ago)

I have the car now at SE MOTORS GROUP in Fort Worth, TX (Website: semotorsgroup.com), with the title, signed by me, keys and all the docs, and I have empowered them to sell it on my behalf. You can inspect it and pick it up at this location Mon to Fri from 9am to 5pm CST or on Sat from 10am to 3pm. They can also ship it to you for a 7 days trial, just like Carvana does, and if you find issues with it you can reject it and get your money back, and I will cover the shipping costs if necessary. My reference number is (0U56YFIFU0), you will need it to book the vehicle online if you want it to.

You can find detailed description and Free Carfax & Inspection Report by Carchex available on my SE Motors listing here: https://www.semotorsgroup.com/invent...AB29968S732001

SE Motors Group Fort Worth, TX

Regards,
Jonathan Norton
For a crime you need a victim, a complaint, an investigation, and arrest (based on probable cause). If you're not the victim, you have no standing and can't make a complaint. They could be reported to a better business organization but you would still have to support your complaint.

These scammers aren't idiots and operate across jurisdictions, hindering investigations. Further, fraud crimes aren't a high priority due to their sheer numbers and overall case loads. You have to have the elements of a criminal complaint, not a civil dispute, as many of these types of cases are classified by police, who aren't eager to take on criminal cases that could impact clearance stats.

A sting operation could be mounted but would require a large effort by law enforcement in time and personnel. This won't happen unless there are multiple cases or a high profile victim.

Ultimately, the consumer is the first line of defense, if it sounds too good to be true, it's bogus until proven otherwise. High ticket items attract scammers from everywhere.
Carlo_Carrera (03-04-2020)
Old 04-15-2020 | 05:35 PM
Mary S
2nd Gear

They are in Texas and in Florida also, but I cant say I was satisfied with them, but they do exist if that is the main issue...
Old 04-15-2020 | 08:00 PM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

Mary S what is there address that people can go and look at the cars?????. we have lots of members in Dallas/fort worth
I had a friend drive to the address the last time and NOTHING there.
Scammers
Old 04-15-2020 | 09:50 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdoc1949
Mary S what is there address that people can go and look at the cars?????. we have lots of members in Dallas/fort worth
I had a friend drive to the address the last time and NOTHING there.
Scammers
Funny that Mary S pops-up out of no-where into RL as a New User with 02 posts and says "they're legit".... LOL
(other post was on a 996 thread from 2017 on Harvey damaged 996s)
T3X4S (04-15-2020)
Old 04-15-2020 | 10:20 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Just for kicks, I went to the web site, and ran a quick Vin check on a nice 2015 GTS (https://www.semotorsgroup.com/invent...AB2A90FS125763)
On the site, they indicate the GTS has 16,612 miles, and has a Turbo 3.8 engine and AWD. Vin report shows that this is in fact a 2015 GTS, but NOT a 4 GTS... and in 2015 certainly wasn't a Turbo engine! Something still not adding-up here. The Vin history report shows only one sale ever.... 10/15/2018 when it had 9,360 miles. Now has almost twice that. Car disappeared for a long time.... Let's go further....

Build sheet shows this GTS included the option 027 Instrument Dials in Carmine Red, option code GQ Black leather interior incl. Alcantara Package GTS Carmine Red, option code CPK Vehicle key painted, option code 602 LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus). Well, as far as I can tell in the pictures on the semotorsgroup site the same VIN car does not have any of those options installed... No Carmine red dials, no GTS deviated Carmine Red stitching on the seats, vehicle key shown is not painted, and doesn't look like those are LED headlights either! And last, as I said at the start, what is listed as AWD does not have 4 GTS badging in the pictures. And now that I am looking at it again -- it looks like someone added white taillights and aero package rear lid / wing - maybe they're legit, but definitely not configured that way!

Buyer Beware!
Old 04-15-2020 | 11:13 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Originally Posted by plenum
Funny that Mary S pops-up out of no-where into RL as a New User with 02 posts and says "they're legit".... LOL
(other post was on a 996 thread from 2017 on Harvey damaged 996s)
I was thinking the same thing. Suspicious.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of SE Motors in Texas?