Sponsored by:

Switch to Heacock or Hagerty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Elmiko
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Switch to Heacock or Hagerty?

I just added my wife's new Mazda to our conventional auto policy (New Jersey Manufacturers (NJM) here in New Jersey). While I was at it I looked at the annual premium for my 2015 Carrera S and it is around $1580. I used to ensure my older Porsches with Hagerty and was very happy with them. They were great handling the one accident I had years ago with my 2003 Carrera. Anyway, I just got a Hagerty estimate for a guaranteed value of $85,000 and their quote was actually $1 less than my current NJM policy. I also looked at Heacock and they came in with an estimate below $1,000 with the highest level of liability and uninsured motorist coverage. Is it worth going back to the guys who specialize in exotic cars to get guaranteed value coverage?
Old 02-08-2020, 07:19 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Elmiko
I just added my wife's new Mazda to our conventional auto policy (New Jersey Manufacturers (NJM) here in New Jersey). While I was at it I looked at the annual premium for my 2015 Carrera S and it is around $1580. I used to ensure my older Porsches with Hagerty and was very happy with them. They were great handling the one accident I had years ago with my 2003 Carrera. Anyway, I just got a Hagerty estimate for a guaranteed value of $85,000 and their quote was actually $1 less than my current NJM policy. I also looked at Heacock and they came in with an estimate below $1,000 with the highest level of liability and uninsured motorist coverage. Is it worth going back to the guys who specialize in exotic cars to get guaranteed value coverage?
I personally haven’t heard of any major insurer (Traveler’s, Allstate, Nationwide, etc) provide guaranteed value coverage of your choice, so if that’s what you’re looking for, I’d say you should change; especially considering you’re also saving money.

Quick Reply: Switch to Heacock or Hagerty?