Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head light washer stopped working?!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 09:53 AM
Msgm1
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Head light washer stopped working?!!

Has anyone else had this issue, my head lighter washer system has stopped working.

I tried it a couple of days ago when the temperature was below freezing and it didn’t work, then yesterday temp was well above freezing and it did work a couple of times but with very little fluid coming out, then it stopped working. However you can still hear the systems trying to work but no fluid comes out.the windscreen washer system works perfectly...strange...
Old 12-23-2019, 11:53 AM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Msgm1
Has anyone else had this issue, my head lighter washer system has stopped working.

I tried it a couple of days ago when the temperature was below freezing and it didn’t work, then yesterday temp was well above freezing and it did work a couple of times but with very little fluid coming out, then it stopped working. However you can still hear the systems trying to work but no fluid comes out.the windscreen washer system works perfectly...strange...
You may be low on fluid try refilling.

The headlight washer feed is probably higher than for the windshield as that is the important one.

Can’t day for sure though as I’m on my 2nd 911 and I’ve never tried the headlamp washers! 😊
Old 12-24-2019, 12:57 AM
Msgm1
Instructor

Originally Posted by sr5959
You may be low on fluid try refilling.

The headlight washer feed is probably higher than for the windshield as that is the important one.

Can’t day for sure though as I’m on my 2nd 911 and I’ve never tried the headlamp washers! 😊
You are a genius!!!

All it needed was more washer fluid, thx!
Old 12-24-2019, 01:46 AM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

You are a genius!!!

Excellent!

There’s a funny story why I knew this...years ago I had an old Toyota Corolla estate (station wagon), and even though it was very old and high mileage everything worked on it and nothing would ever break. Then one day I noticed the rear window washer wasn’t working but the front was. I was happy for some reason that I’d finally found a fault on it, but it turned out it was only low on washer fluid, and the feed pipe for the rear washer is purposely higher than for the front!
The following users liked this post:
911Monte (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 10:39 AM
Msgm1
Instructor

Originally Posted by sr5959
Excellent!

There’s a funny story why I knew this...years ago I had an old Toyota Corolla estate (station wagon), and even though it was very old and high mileage everything worked on it and nothing would ever break. Then one day I noticed the rear window washer wasn’t working but the front was. I was happy for some reason that I’d finally found a fault on it, but it turned out it was only low on washer fluid, and the feed pipe for the rear washer is purposely higher than for the front!
Too funny!

I thought because I tried to use it when the temp was well below zero and the head light jets were frozen that maybe the system has sprung a leak under the pressure of the fluid not being able to exit properly...
Old 12-24-2019, 10:56 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Get ready for "dirty runs". Or dirty nuns. Read the old thread now.
The following users liked this post:
sr5959 (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 11:02 AM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Too funny!

I thought because I tried to use it when the temp was well below zero and the head light jets were frozen that maybe the system has sprung a leak under the pressure of the fluid not being able to exit properly...
Its a Christmas miracle! A fault on a Porsche that didn’t require $$$ to fix!!! 😊

Quick Reply: Head light washer stopped working?!!