Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Is this a good deal on a 2013 991? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1173330-is-this-a-good-deal-on-a-2013-991-a.html)

Carlo_Carrera 12-12-2019 02:58 PM

$40K is about as low as these cars will get if they are in decent condition. It it checks out buy it.

FNavarro 12-12-2019 06:07 PM

Met with the seller today and took the car for a test drive. The car is solid and very clean. Well, it's actually a bit dusty because the guy keeps it in a storage warehouse along with 6 other of his FOURTEEN cars. The guy is a 74 year business owner and ready to retire. He had a couple of other classic beauties in storage, including a nice 928 and vintage Mercedes. But I digress.... I honestly can't find anything wrong with the car other than a minor scrape on the front lip, but looks like the protective skin took the brunt of the scrape and the paint is just a bit scuffed. No rock chips (protective film) and I couldn't find a single dent.

I also called the Porsche dealer that did the transmission replacement and it all checks out. Complete replacement job under warranty back in February. Called the local dealer where the car has been serviced most recently and they stated the car is "up to date on all services", and the current owner has done the 60k and 70k services since early 2018 (along with previous owners having done the services at Porsche dealers prior to that). The next major service is due at 80k according to the dealer. Am I really that lucky to have stumbled on to this? Why has no one else bought this car?? Is it the transmission replacement? High miles? OK, so it's not an S but what am I going to do with an extra 50hp in15mph traffic?? :roflmao:

Anyhow,I have a PPI scheduled for tomorrow, so let's see how that goes. I think I may be the owner of a beautiful new-to-me Porsche in the coming days. Happy Birthday to me. :cheers:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...da9d67b22.jpeg

sr5959 12-12-2019 06:10 PM

You will love it! Hope all goes well on the PPI!

TheChemist 12-12-2019 06:17 PM

Looks like you found a great deal! I really like white cars with the glass roof

Carlo_Carrera 12-12-2019 06:44 PM

Buy it before I do.

Texas Porsche 12-13-2019 12:03 AM

I just bought my first Porsche, a 2013 almost exactly as the one you posted...Carrara white, moon roof etc. My car is a S with 47k miles had the PPI done at a shop in Houston, Tx where I purchased her. She has the Sports option package and comes with the ducktail spoiler and the sport front end. This photo was taken on my way home from Houston back to Austin. I'm excited for you, best of luck!!
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d150a28f48.jpg

FNavarro 12-13-2019 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Porsche (Post 16287140)
I just bought my first Porsche, a 2013 almost exactly as the one you posted...Carrara white, moon roof etc. My car is a S with 47k miles had the PPI done at a shop in Houston, Tx where I purchased her. She has the Sports option package and comes with the ducktail spoiler and the sport front end. This photo was taken on my way home from Houston back to Austin. I'm excited for you, best of luck!!
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d150a28f48.jpg

Gorgeous! Congrats! How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?

Texas Porsche 12-13-2019 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by FNavarro (Post 16287419)
Gorgeous! Congrats! How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?

Very low 60's (in case my ex is watching) 😎

LexVan 12-13-2019 01:36 PM

Festivus could be coming early this year.

FNavarro 12-15-2019 03:19 PM

So we had to reschedule the PPI due to travel. Anyhow, I’ll have a chance to drive another 2013 base model this weekend in order to confirm a feeling I got when I drove the one I’m looking to buy. When I test drove it I wasn’t able to really push the car because the owner was a bit weary about “crazy kids” test driving his car (when I put it in Sport Plus, the car made a pop and revved up- he thought I broke the car :D). He had never pushed that button according to him. So I was hesitant to really open it up. Not mention we were in lunch hour traffic so there wasn’t a whole lot of road to play with.

Anyhow, my point is that I didn’t really feel any power through 3,000rpm. I’m used to G37 and BMW twin turbo powerband - step in the gas and it goes right off the line. The 911 got a little better in Sport mode, but I’m getting the impression that you have to really rev this engine to get any power at all. I don’t mind driving it like I stole it, but I don’t want to be THAT guy at every red light revving to 7,000rpm just to feel satisfied. Plus, on congested roads and traffic there just isn’t any room to rev up. This is really giving me pause.

Is the S any better down low?

That was my first time driving a Porsche so perhaps my expectations were too high or just plain wrong. I love everything else about the 911, but maybe it’s not suited for my tastes? Anyone else go through the same thing and did you “convert” eventually after owning one?

PS- No, I cannot afford a Turbo so don’t go there! :D

Falcondrivr 12-15-2019 03:29 PM

Porsches like to be driven high in the rev range. All the power is up above 4000rpm. If that’s a deal breaker and you pass on this car. Please PM me the contact info for the seller.

Carlo_Carrera 12-15-2019 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by FNavarro (Post 16291773)
So we had to reschedule the PPI due to travel. Anyhow, I’ll have a chance to drive another 2013 base model this weekend in order to confirm a feeling I got when I drove the one I’m looking to buy. When I test drove it I wasn’t able to really push the car because the owner was a bit weary about “crazy kids” test driving his car (when I put it in Sport Plus, the car made a pop and revved up- he thought I broke the car :D). He had never pushed that button according to him. So I was hesitant to really open it up. Not mention we were in lunch hour traffic so there wasn’t a whole lot of road to play with.

Anyhow, my point is that I didn’t really feel any power through 3,000rpm. I’m used to G37 and BMW twin turbo powerband - step in the gas and it goes right off the line. The 911 got a little better in Sport mode, but I’m getting the impression that you have to really rev this engine to get any power at all. I don’t mind driving it like I stole it, but I don’t want to be THAT guy at every red light revving to 7,000rpm just to feel satisfied. Plus, on congested roads and traffic there just isn’t any room to rev up. This is really giving me pause.

Is the S any better down low?

That was my first time driving a Porsche so perhaps my expectations were too high or just plain wrong. I love everything else about the 911, but maybe it’s not suited for my tastes? Anyone else go through the same thing and did you “convert” eventually after owning one?

PS- No, I cannot afford a Turbo so don’t go there! :D

As Falcondrivr wrote, normally aspirated Porsche engines like high RPMs.

You should test drive a 991.2 Base model, MY 2017 or newer, with a turbocharged engine. That power band may be more to your liking.

sr5959 12-15-2019 04:12 PM

I had the total opposite experience the first time I drove a 991.1. Everything felt perfect to me, the driving position, the interior, the ride, the amazing sounds going through the rev range, and I loved the way the power builds towards redline. I have never found even a base model to be sluggish. Love these cars!

FNavarro 12-15-2019 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera (Post 16291803)
As Falcondrivr wrote, normally aspirated Porsche engines like high RPMs.

You should test drive a 991.2 Base model, MY 2017 or newer, with a turbocharged engine. That power band may be more to your liking.

Ha! I wish I could afford a 991.2 but with three kids, two of which are college-bound in the next two years, a $75k+ “toy” is not in the cards right now.

FNavarro 12-15-2019 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by sr5959 (Post 16291864)
I had the total opposite experience the first time I drove a 991.1. Everything felt perfect to me, the driving position, the interior, the ride, the amazing sounds going through the rev range, and I loved the way the power builds towards redline. I have never found even a base model to be sluggish. Love these cars!

That’s what I really expected and why I want to drive one again but without feeling so restricted by the owner.