Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Now in the Porsche market, you can expect a margin of 500%
How about that Porsche tax though lol
Old 06-25-2020, 01:30 PM
Aatish
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ZerOG
The biggest problem with these chinese parts are the black plastic component.

because they don’t produce quality plastics, like Porsche does, most people end up painting them and that looks 100% rice.

Porsche, to my knowledge, uses Zytel for their plastic products. Most of these Chinese guys don't use that, because branded material tax.
That said, as long as it's a Nylon or PPS material, it should hold up mechanically.

Cosmetically, probably won't be the same raw...properly prepped and painted should be fine.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:38 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 316 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Does anyone know if we could just change that centre vent to the carbon GT2-RS scoops without changing the active wing?

Our fans are apart with intake in middle. But 2RS fans are together with in take on either side?
I dont know, I never looked into it much. But if you toss enough money into anything I am sure you could have a shop fab it up. It doesnt look like its a multi piece and I sure as hell wouldnt cut up an OE unit! This one down here for $1800 on the other hand might be worth playing with?

Originally Posted by DOG ON
Supposedly, this company is based stateside (Washington, I believe) but the parts very well could originate in China... Regardless, it's obviously not going to have the same level quality of materials as the $15K+ versions and would need to be painted. I'm not a huge fan of the carbon fiber look back there, so I'd probably paint it with a matte or semi-gloss black anyway.
(this is all essentially a thought experiment anyway... the chances of me actually doing this are quite low right now... but it's always fun to dream and plan.)
You should do it! Honestly, I would pay $1800 if I knew the fitmet was good, like 90-95% of OEM and can self or have a shop get it perfect.

I also would paint to color match, both the lip and scoops, or at least do like a matte black on the scoops. Do they have non carbon options that could drop the price for someone to be a tester.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:26 PM
DOG ON
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 911.
You should do it! Honestly, I would pay $1800 if I knew the fitment was good, like 90-95% of OEM and can self or have a shop get it perfect.
I also would paint to color match, both the lip and scoops, or at least do like a matte black on the scoops. Do they have non carbon options that could drop the price for someone to be a tester.
You hit the nail on the head.... "if I knew the fitment was good".
If I was anywhere close to Seattle (where the company is) and I could go by to inspect it in person, and assess fitment and such, I'd be much more inclined. If any of our people are in the area and can stop by to give an impression, that would be nice. I feel like the project could work... but there's a lot of gray area in there and a lot of things that could go wrong.

Has anyone asked yet about how difficult a transition it is to go from the standard 991.1 engine cover/automated spoiler to the single GT2/3 style deck? I dare not assume that it's as simple as taking off the old parts, slapping on the new deck and then having the spoiler deactivated in the PCM. Would it use the same hinges as the old engine cover?
Old 06-25-2020, 05:45 PM
Rennlist Member

You hit the nail on the head.... "if I knew the fitment was good".
If I was anywhere close to Seattle (where the company is) and I could go by to inspect it in person, and assess fitment and such, I'd be much more inclined. If any of our people are in the area and can stop by to give an impression, that would be nice. I feel like the project could work... but there's a lot of gray area in there and a lot of things that could go wrong.

Has anyone asked yet about how difficult a transition it is to go from the standard 991.1 engine cover/automated spoiler to the single GT2/3 style deck? I dare not assume that it's as simple as taking off the old parts, slapping on the new deck and then having the spoiler deactivated in the PCM. Would it use the same hinges as the old engine cover?

@2:40 ish looks like a one piece and looks like its a straight swap.But you need a turbo/stationary cross member. Not sure if its just a matter of removing the adjustable wing from the carrera cross member and have it fit.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:17 AM
ZerOG
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

I also looked into this company that makes replicas of everything, apparently in the US.

https://www.wickedmotorworks.com/

However, since I wasn’t able to find any direct reference of someone who bought from them, I couldn’t get convinced to try it.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,148 Likes on 687 Posts

ZerOG, you were wise to pass on Wicked. They do not have the best reputation. Just do a google search.

Last edited by Porsche_nuts; 06-26-2020 at 02:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ZerOG (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 04:46 PM
ZerOG
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
ZerOG, you were wise to pass on Wicked. They do not have the best reputation. Just do a google search.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. 👍
Old 06-26-2020, 05:20 PM
Rennlist Member

^ the kit that they sell is still like $15k? Am I missing something?
Old 06-26-2020, 10:05 PM
DOG ON
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

I just realized that (If I were to try this) I'll also have to relocate the little antenna lump from my old deck to the new one. I'd probably just drill a hole in the new deck and aim for similar placement, but it makes me wonder where they actually put the antenna on the RS models. It doesn't seem to be on either deck on any pictures I see.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:29 PM
Rennlist Member

I just realized that (If I were to try this) I'll also have to relocate the little antenna lump from my old deck to the new one. I'd probably just drill a hole in the new deck and aim for similar placement, but it makes me wonder where they actually put the antenna on the RS models. It doesn't seem to be on either deck on any pictures I see.
Roof

I have been pondering the idea of something like this for some time now. I think I am going to get a ebay stick on lip like this one : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Rear...QAAOSwu25bkOO1

And see if a shop can extend it like almost straight up to essentially doubling the height. I think that would really compliment the 991.2 body. Until something like Rud RT35 or a 2RS rear deck full bolt on option/kit.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Ducktail for GTS