Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS owners lets hear your opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019 | 07:09 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

I think it is the perfect car! I just got back from a road trip through Virginia, Maryland, and western Pennsylvania last weekend and it was a blast! Such a great long distance driver and yet a blast on the weekends at Autocross. So much fun to drive!

The following 2 users liked this post by Hurricane:
CrownCityBoy (11-01-2019), Fcassells (10-31-2019)
Old 10-30-2019 | 10:43 AM
Nm2far
Instructor

I have the a MT C2 GTS with FAL, RWS, SPASM, Glass roof, full leather, 14 way seats, ventilated seats, folding mirrors. Great GT car and way more power than you can use on the street and keep your license. Drove base, S, and PDK. Like all the go faster and handling bits that add more sharpness and precision to normal driving. I’m not tracking or care about 3/10 of S faster 0-60. 14 ways are subjective but probably easier in and out and are leather/pleather backed vs. hard shell backs on the 18 way so less prone to scratching if you put kids or gear in the rear seats. Folding mirrors are nice for real world parking. RWS is a huge handling improvement and the lowered front fascia make FAL a must have (in my area anyways). As many have said the best 911 short of a true GT car for the $. Of course you can do a a similar S and pay $$$$$ more on the standard GTS options. Add Sport Cats and the sound is on par with NA engines with a far better power band. The true greatness of the 911 and GTS in particular is hits the sweet spot of ability to switch between comfy daily and razors edge and back at will without being too far left or right in one driving emphasis.

Last edited by Nm2far; 10-30-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2019 | 02:40 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone -

Sounds like exactly the enthusiastic responses I expected!! Working on figuring what would be must haves for me in this, think 18 ways are a must.

That's exactly what I'm looking for a great modern day GT car that's also fun to drive around town.

I see these priced around low 100K mark with 10-20K miles. I'm debated on the color but thinking of looking at this over the weekend.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/c...000486258.html
Old 10-30-2019 | 02:48 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Socialpro
Thanks everyone -

Sounds like exactly the enthusiastic responses I expected!! Working on figuring what would be must haves for me in this, think 18 ways are a must.

That's exactly what I'm looking for a great modern day GT car that's also fun to drive around town.

I see these priced around low 100K mark with 10-20K miles. I'm debated on the color but thinking of looking at this over the weekend.

That looks like a nice car and I can a lot of thought went into selecting the options so it should have been well taken care of - let us know what you think of it.
Old 10-30-2019 | 03:30 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone -

Please let us know if you pass on it. I might be interested but am not going to step on the toes of a fellow RL'er.
Old 10-30-2019 | 03:41 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
Please let us know if you pass on it. I might be interested but am not going to step on the toes of a fellow RL'er.
Thank you! - will update this thread on what I discover!
Old 10-30-2019 | 03:49 PM
TRM
Pro

I just switched from a Cayenne and a 991.1 C2S w/ a 7 MT to just a 2018 C4 GTS 991.2. My observations:

I use it for my commute - also about 25 minutes 1-way.

It's a lot of fun but I'm typically frustrated with the slow-poke drivers...the 991.2 begs to be driven fast compared to the 991.1 naturally aspirated engine. The low end torque you get is what is the issue for me...there's lots of it available compared to the 991.1... where you really needed to be above 4k to start feeling it...not a typical occurrence on my daily commute.

This is the 1st car I've had with the ceramic breaks...honestly I'm not sure I will ever want to go back to non-ceramic. Excellent stopping power, long life and almost know brake dust.

If you can don't get center locks. I love mine but it means I have to carry extra gear in case of a flat; enormous torque wrench w/ breaker bar, anti-seize, center lock tool guide and a clamp.

Depending on what your weather is like year round plan on a set of winter wheels/tires...unless you keep it parked in the event of snow and ice.

Old 10-30-2019 | 04:38 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

OP

I think you will love it. I came from mostly GT cars as I used to track quite a bit. When the focus of my hobbies changed, I decided my RS was not the right car anymore and moved to a .2 GTS to daily drive and occasionally track. It has been a pleasure since day one. It is in my opinion the best do-it-all 911 there is. Mine is paired with a 400+ hp E85 Drinking EVO IX. They provide a nice broad range of driving experiences for me. Best of luck!
Old 10-30-2019 | 05:05 PM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

was shopping for a 981 spyder earlier this year & ended up with a 991.2 4gts due to it's balance of performance/practicality , spyder is next on the list. I thought they would be a great pair too
Old 10-30-2019 | 05:24 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
was shopping for a 981 spyder earlier this year & ended up with a 991.2 4gts due to it's balance of performance/practicality , spyder is next on the list. I thought they would be a great pair too
I was cross shopping the spyder with a .1 GT3 and ultimately spyder won out bc 6 speed + roof off. VERY very happy with that car.

Now that I have that I want a more useable companion in the garage, yet still involved and feeling special - which GTS' might fill.

Not sure if the Porsche bug will ever end ... but garage space (and wife's patience) does have it's limits.
Old 10-30-2019 | 06:45 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRM
I just switched from a Cayenne and a 991.1 C2S w/ a 7 MT to just a 2018 C4 GTS 991.2. My observations:

I use it for my commute - also about 25 minutes 1-way.

It's a lot of fun but I'm typically frustrated with the slow-poke drivers...the 991.2 begs to be driven fast compared to the 991.1 naturally aspirated engine. The low end torque you get is what is the issue for me...there's lots of it available compared to the 991.1... where you really needed to be above 4k to start feeling it...not a typical occurrence on my daily commute.

This is the 1st car I've had with the ceramic breaks...honestly I'm not sure I will ever want to go back to non-ceramic. Excellent stopping power, long life and almost know brake dust.

If you can don't get center locks. I love mine but it means I have to carry extra gear in case of a flat; enormous torque wrench w/ breaker bar, anti-seize, center lock tool guide and a clamp.

Depending on what your weather is like year round plan on a set of winter wheels/tires...unless you keep it parked in the event of snow and ice.

Is that Rhodium Silver?
Old 10-30-2019 | 06:56 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Default CLs....love ‘em!

Someone mentioned Center Lock wheels? I absolutely love them as they look better than the 5 lug. I had the pleasure of having to take a rear wheel off due to a flat and with the proper tool, it was a breeze. Torquing one large nut vs. 5 lug nuts is much easier. If you ever have to pull over because of a flat, that most likely means that your tire is toast and need a flat bed.
The following users liked this post:
TRM (10-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2019 | 09:10 PM
Shanh81
Instructor

Thanks everyone -

I spoke with the seller a few weeks ago as I was strongly considering this car but there were a few flags for me and I decided not to pursue.
Old 10-30-2019 | 09:36 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shanh81
I spoke with the seller a few weeks ago as I was strongly considering this car but there were a few flags for me and I decided not to pursue.
Please share what you thought the flags were, which may help someone here that is considering it.
Old 10-30-2019 | 09:45 PM
Shanh81
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Please share what you thought the flags were, which may help someone here that is considering it.
I asked if any kind of modifications ever done on the car from tune, headers etc - seller said no
Were you ever on rennslist?- seller said no.

I happened to be looking through a GTS thread and saw the exact same lava orange GTS build, same story of purchasing from Alabama and having it shipped to Arizona. The Handle is "lavagts" which happens to have a banned designation on this site. I don't know why but just another thing that stuck to me. The car had modifications done through posted messages , which seller had stated no to.

the car might be good to go but the credibility of seller raised flags so I didn't pursue

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS owners lets hear your opinions!