Sponsored by:

KW HAS and DCS on SPASM GTS Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 10:54 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default KW HAS and DCS on SPASM GTS Coupe

Curious what the benefits of a DSC module are on a SPASM equipped GTS with KW HAS kit lowered about 3/4". Read many threads about the DSC module but most of them relate to PASM equipped cars. I'm just not sure if or how different it would be on SPASM. Anyone?
Old 10-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,329 Posts

There are a couple in the Marketplace for sale, which may be a good way to give it try, and if you are not impressed simply put it back out there and sell it someone else.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:29 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
There are a couple in the Marketplace for sale, which may be a good way to give it try, and if you are not impressed simply put it back out there and sell it someone else.
Is the module PASM specific or does it work on SPASM as well? DSC site only specifies PASM.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:45 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Just receive my module and will install hopefully today. After few rides will share my opinion. To my understanding the module improves ride quality and provides the option for full custom setup for PASM or SPASM cars.

Many GTS also GT owners have install the module with quite positive feedback.

PS. Excellent service from TOM at DSC. Very professional and ship the module in EU. Thank you TOM.
The following users liked this post:
Tom@TPC Racing (10-26-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 12:16 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Just receive my module and will install hopefully today. After few rides will share my opinion. To my understanding the module improves ride quality and provides the option for full custom setup for PASM or SPASM cars.

Many GTS also GT owners have install the module with quite positive feedback.

PS. Excellent service from TOM at DSC. Very professional and ship the module in EU. Thank you TOM.
Glad to know your DSC arrived safely. We look forward to your feedback. Yes, we use the same DSC V3 for PASM and SPASM.

Thank You!

Tom

sales@dscsport.com | (410) 799-7798
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Old 10-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by eysa
Is the module PASM specific or does it work on SPASM as well? DSC site only specifies PASM.
I just asked Tom and he said it's the same DSC since they optimized the programming for all 991 model cars, unlike the car maker which regulates the programming for each model car and charge extra for higher performance.
The following users liked this post:
DSC Sport (10-26-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 12:43 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Bob Z for chimming in!

Eysa, what Bob Z posted is correct. And in your particular car, since you have installed KW HAS featuring stiffer springs, not only will you beneift from all the DSC goodness that users rave about, your expereince should be a level above since the stiffer springs and lowered ride height really respond well to extra damping force prodcued by DSC.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:19 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Thanks Bob Z for chimming in!

Eysa, what Bob Z posted is correct. And in your particular car, since you have installed KW HAS featuring stiffer springs, not only will you beneift from all the DSC goodness that users rave about, your expereince should be a level above since the stiffer springs and lowered ride height really respond well to extra damping force prodcued by DSC.

Does that mean it won't be as bouncy? I'm not saying my car is bouncy as I don't have the KW kit installed just yet(should be done next week) but the bounciness i've experienced on previous lowered cars is what made me more hesitant to lower my GTS. I ended up with the KW kit because from what i've read its the closest to the factory springs rates which should ride best but if the DSC make that much difference i think ts a no brainer.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:27 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by eysa
Does that mean it won't be as bouncy? I'm not saying my car is bouncy as I don't have the KW kit installed just yet(should be done next week) but the bounciness i've experienced on previous lowered cars is what made me more hesitant to lower my GTS. I ended up with the KW kit because from what i've read its the closest to the factory springs rates which should ride best but if the DSC make that much difference i think ts a no brainer.
It is a normal reaction for coil springs to "bounce" after a high velocity compression(such as driving over a bump). It is the damper's job to provide the damping force(resistance force) to calm this unwanted movement. Generally, the OEM spec configuration for springs and dampers on newer cars are pretty good. Whenever the dynamics are changed, such as stiffer springs and/or lowering ride height, more damping force is required to calm the increased movement. DSC V3 has fast enough Velocity funtcion to soften the compression during the approach to the peak of the bump and then stiffen the rebound after the peak of the bump to calm the bounce. The standard programming that comes with DSC V3 is very good. In fact, its spot on for majority of users. For extreme circumstances the program can be adjusted by the user.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:04 PM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

What’s the difference between the v2 and v3?
Old 10-27-2019, 12:10 AM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShaunP
What’s the difference between the v2 and v3?
V2 is the older model that was last made in 2017. Since then we have only made V3. V3 has more powerful processors to achive much faster Velocity function. Velocity function is an exclusive DSC feature that uses the factory ride height sensor data to adjust high speed, medium speed, and low speed compression and rebound damping force for individual damper as you are driving.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:18 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 131 Posts

On the topic of PASM vs SPASM what are the hardware differences? I’m aware that SPASM sits lower which I presume is a shorter spring? That may be a wrong assumption. What about the shock, is it the same?

Thanks
Old 10-28-2019, 02:18 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Honestly speaking it seems DSCV3 is a magic box.
I have completed the installation in 3 mins in my 991.2 C2 GTS.

After drove the car for around 100 kms in road conditions i can say that the sport PASM feels much softer and very smooth. In the past i used to drive my car always in normal mode as the car was quite bumpy especially with my kids inside the car.
Now the car in sport mode is same level even softer than normal mode but when i press the acceleration and push the car automatically the suspension becomes stiff.

I need more time to drive the car especially in mountain roads and try to understand the behavior of DSC controller.
It is a pricey mod but i strongly believe it seriously improved car ride quality and even track time.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:24 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
On the topic of PASM vs SPASM what are the hardware differences? I’m aware that SPASM sits lower which I presume is a shorter spring? That may be a wrong assumption. What about the shock, is it the same?

Thanks
Lower ride height, higher spring rates, thicker sway bars, steeper deployed rear wing angle. Same dampers.

Quick Reply: KW HAS and DCS on SPASM GTS Coupe