Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Had a Bad Experience w/ CNA Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 06:30 PM
Vetch
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Anyone Had a Bad Experience w/ CNA Warranty?

If I can get my dealer to help me out a bit on the price, I'd like to consider a CNA warranty. I've investigated the Fidelity option but there is one thing they don't cover that CNA does (and I'd want that part covered).

Before I go out the dealership and try to negotiate a bit, I want to be sure it's worth my time. I did a search on RL and found CNA mentioned a few times... bit not enough to gauge the quality of their upper end exclusionary-type policy.

Has anyone had a bad experience with CNA? If it was really bad... feel free to PM me and talk me out of it.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:38 PM
verstraete
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Do you mean PCNA (Porsche Cars North America)? If not, a bit more information on CNA might be helpful. I will shop for an extended warranty in a few months. The more information I have, the better.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:42 PM
Vetch
Racer

https://www.cnanational.com/
Old 10-21-2019, 09:12 PM
scottlma
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetch
If I can get my dealer to help me out a bit on the price, I'd like to consider a CNA warranty. I've investigated the Fidelity option but there is one thing they don't cover that CNA does (and I'd want that part covered).

Before I go out the dealership and try to negotiate a bit, I want to be sure it's worth my time. I did a search on RL and found CNA mentioned a few times... bit not enough to gauge the quality of their upper end exclusionary-type policy.

Has anyone had a bad experience with CNA? If it was really bad... feel free to PM me and talk me out of it.
Ok - I’ll bite. What’s the one thing that Fidelity does not cover that CNA does ?
Old 10-21-2019, 09:39 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 344 Posts

I had CNA on my previous 911 (2011 4S). Used it twice at the Porsche Dealer without any problems. According to the service department they were great to work with. I had warranty left when I sold the car and received the prorated refund back quickly. Very good experience!
Old 10-21-2019, 11:29 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 743 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by verstraete
Do you mean PCNA (Porsche Cars North America)? If not, a bit more information on CNA might be helpful. I will shop for an extended warranty in a few months. The more information I have, the better.
I too am interested.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Vetch
Racer

Originally Posted by Jack F
I too am interested.

Again...

https://www.cnanational.com/

Old 10-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

If it is just "one" thing one would think you could share, which is much easier than reading a policy.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:12 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If I recall correctly, my SA told me they don't always accept the number of hours that a job calls for in the Porsche book and that we'd be responsible for any difference, that's why she recommended Fidelity.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 304 Posts
Default P dealer wrong place

To buy a warranty. They are used to double digit profit margins. Shop same company elsewhere for a better price with the same insurance policy terms.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:31 PM
Vetch
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
If it is just "one" thing one would think you could share, which is much easier than reading a policy.
I didn't want to cloud the issue and set the thread off on a tangent topic. I'm not asking anyone to read the policy since I've done it myself. The question at this point is really just about CNA's quality.

The "thing" that Fidelity doesn't cover is an air suspension. I didn't mention it because the air suspension is not an option on the 991 obviously. But I posted it on this sub-forum because this is where the most chat happens regarding aftermarket warranties. There is not as much commenting on aftermarket warranties on the Macan and Cayenne forums.

Hope this clears things up. Again, there's no point in chatting about the coverage limitation on the air suspension. It is not covered by Fidelity. It is covered by CNA who is also less expensive than Fidelity. I've shopped prices on the Fidelity with the two most commonly suggested resellers of the Platinum product (Michael Jourdan, Rebecca Kunz).
Old 10-22-2019, 02:10 PM
scottlma
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't want to cloud the issue and set the thread off on a tangent topic. I'm not asking anyone to read the policy since I've done it myself. The question at this point is really just about CNA's quality.

The "thing" that Fidelity doesn't cover is an air suspension. I didn't mention it because the air suspension is not an option on the 991 obviously. But I posted it on this sub-forum because this is where the most chat happens regarding aftermarket warranties. There is not as much commenting on aftermarket warranties on the Macan and Cayenne forums.

Hope this clears things up. Again, there's no point in chatting about the coverage limitation on the air suspension. It is not covered by Fidelity. It is covered by CNA who is also less expensive than Fidelity. I've shopped prices on the Fidelity with the two most commonly suggested resellers of the Platinum product (Michael Jourdan, Rebecca Kunz).
Thanks for the heads-up about air suspension. While my C4S is CPO, I am considering a Fidelity warranty for my older Cayenne - but will look elsewhere if they aren't going to cover such a big system in the car. That seems like an odd exclusion, especially considering what an engine or trans replacement would cost them.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:09 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My advice would be to ask the SA where you plan on servicing the car their experiences with it.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Vetch
Racer

Haha! The SA where the car will be serviced is the same person that is offering the CNA warranty. Pretty sure it would be foolish to believe they would be impartial about their experiences with it.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:50 PM
Vetch
Racer

A bit of a follow up here...

I spoke to a couple of SA's today about Fidelity's Platinum plan and how it works with an air suspension. The Fidelity policy covers "struts" but not "shock absorbers". One of them said that the Porsche parts term for the air suspension is "air strut". And a quick search online shows that a strut is not the same as a shock absorber. So I think the air suspension is covered but it's been three days since I contacted Fidelity and they haven't replied.

While I was chatting with both SA's, I asked if they had experienced situations where the policy (either Fidelity or CNA) didn't cover the full amount of labor hours. Apparently, this is a possible situation with both Fidelity and CNA.

So since Fidelity hasn't contacted me and the CNA policy is less expensive, I think I know what direction I'm going with this.

Hope this helps any one else who might be considering a policy.

Quick Reply: Anyone Had a Bad Experience w/ CNA Warranty?