Sponsored by:

seat swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019 | 02:46 PM
Andreas Jablonka
Cruisin'

Exclamation seat swap

Hey Guys,

I find some threads about seats but nobody seems to have a resource for either swapping the 14 way sport seats for sport seats plus or good aftermarket options.
Im 6 foot 4, 300lbs. Big guy. Hence me driving 911s not Boxster I have a new GTS boxer loaner while my top is being repaired and to my surprise I really dig the 18 way sport plus seats. mostly for the wider shoulders.
this is not a debate what is better, its subjective. just hope can I swap out the driver seat, cost, or good aftermarket ones?
thanks!
Old 09-26-2019 | 05:16 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Both the 4way sport plus seat and the 18 way adaptive sport seat plus are great seats. I am 6'5" and one thing you may want to keep in mind is with the 4 way seat with the manual slider back and forth, you do not get any tilt to the front portion of the seat like you do the 18 way. So what you may find is that your thighs are sort of dangling in the air. For some people that bothers them. Originally I thought it would be a big deal when I bought a car with 4 way seats, eventually I found that I liked it more because it gave more room between my knees and the steering wheel. I would try and sit in a car with the 4 ways to see if they are comfortable to you.

Expect to spend $3k or so for the manual seats and maybe a bit more for the 18 ways. 4 ways may be a bit easier of a swap than the 18 ways since the 4 way is a more simple seat.
Old 09-26-2019 | 07:06 PM
ShaunP
Racer

Every dealer around me only has Macan for a loaner. Would love to get a sports car loaner.

To your question. Check the classified. I see sports plus seats pop up for sale quite a bit.
Old 09-26-2019 | 10:00 PM
Andreas Jablonka
Cruisin'

Porsche Southbay (Los Angeles) mostly has macans too but they ran out and so they roped in a 2019 Cayman GTS for me

what are classified? craiglist?
ebay was not much help

does anybody know a leather upholstering shop that deals with cars in the larger Los Angeles area?

Quick Reply: seat swap