Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Both Paddles In for Neutral; PDK Feature?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 05:30 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by HkPlinker
5959, put it in Sport mode / manual and pull back on both paddles. You'll see the dash gear light "blink", rev her up, smile and tap your right paddle and continue you journey
In my '17 C2S....pulling both paddles and releasing them puts the PDK into neutral in any drive mode.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:44 AM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Couple question.
1.) Going 50 mph, pull pull both paddles and it goes into neutral. Can you then pull either up or down paddle and it automatically shifts into the correct gear for that speed?
2. On the race track, going into a turn at 90mph, you start breaking and hold the left paddle down. Will the PDK automatically continue to shift down to the right gear? i.e., I don't have to pull multiple times to continue to down shift.

Old 12-17-2019, 10:54 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
Couple question.
1.) Going 50 mph, pull pull both paddles and it goes into neutral.
No. It depends. PDK-S, yes. PDK, no.

For PDK you must pull both paddles simultaneously and quickly release them to enter neutral.

Can you then pull either up or down paddle and it automatically shifts into the correct gear for that speed?
Yes.

2. On the race track, going into a turn at 90mph, you start breaking
If you are breaking going into a turn you should take it to a shop.

and hold the left paddle down. Will the PDK automatically continue to shift down to the right gear? i.e., I don't have to pull multiple times to continue to down shift.
In automatic mode the PDK will automatically change down as you are braking. If, however, you use the paddles then you’ve initiated a switch to manual mode and the PDK will neither change up or down in an intelligent manner. I will change down if rpms drop to stall speed. It will not change up, but, will AFAIK, let you bounce off the rev limiter all day.
The following users liked this post:
scr1244 (12-17-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 04:56 PM
stoutthedog
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I got in the habit of pull both paddles to engage neutral in the Ferrari when coming to a stop because if you didn't push on the brake pedal hard enough during the length of the stop, the car would shift to neutral and beep at me. Things that beep at you in a Ferrari are typically not good things so it was constantly scaring me. I pulled both paddles on a test drive of a .2 and wasn't surprised when it went to neutral. My base .2 does it just fine but I prefer to use the "Hold" feature instead.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:27 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
Couple question.
1.) Going 50 mph, pull pull both paddles and it goes into neutral. Can you then pull either up or down paddle and it automatically shifts into the correct gear for that speed?
2. On the race track, going into a turn at 90mph, you start breaking and hold the left paddle down. Will the PDK automatically continue to shift down to the right gear? i.e., I don't have to pull multiple times to continue to down shift.
1.) Yes. On my 991.1S cab it will do this at any speed. I believe this is the same in PDK-S
2.) One pull = one shift. The car will auto downshift before it overrevs.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:27 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by sr5959
This must be a 991.2 feature. My 991.1 doesn’t have this and I miss it from previous cars.
I have a 13 991.1 C2S and I have the neutral mode

Quick Reply: Both Paddles In for Neutral; PDK Feature?