Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Epic 12,000 mile, 7 Week Road Trip in 991.2 4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 11:49 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

If you can, please add your highlight routes to the Porsche Roads app so that others can enjoy as well.

Easy and fast to do.

Thank you!!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:02 PM
MiamiBlues
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

It is relatively loud for sure, but I can't say it bothered me too much. I've just always had loud cars I guess. I just turn up the music or podcast enough that I don't notice it as much. Sorry, can't say I had anything better than that.

Originally Posted by Ira Blumberg
Sounds like a great trip. I do have a question. I live in south-west Washington State and have driven up to Vancouver on a few occasions. The main road, I-5, is mostly old concrete and the tire noise in a normal car (in my case, an Audi RS3 and a Tesla Model 3 Performance) is really loud and annoying. My GTS on the local roads is almost unbearable from the noise. I have literally taken to wearing earplugs.

What did you do, if anything to deal with the road / tire noise in the GTS? Note that my GTS has the Pirelli tires rather than the Michelin, so I suspect that I get the worst of it, but I'm concerned that even the Michelin tires will be too loud to tolerate for an extended drive.

Other than that, I am deeply envious of your amazing journey.

Quick Reply: Epic 12,000 mile, 7 Week Road Trip in 991.2 4 GTS