Sponsored by:

Memorize MFD Default Screen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 07:29 PM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Are either one selected? Or do either of the two take you to another menu?
Destination input:
Recent destinations
Stored destinations
POIs
(none of those are relevant)
Start route guidance:
(has no sub menus)

Appreciate the help but seems like a bit of a wild goose chase...
Old 09-11-2019, 08:55 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Just so I understand, you say that MFD is stuck in the trip menu. So are you saying that you cannot change to any other screen in the MFD or that when you start the car is always defaults to the trip menu. What year car do you have?
Old 09-13-2019, 12:59 AM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Just so I understand, you say that MFD is stuck in the trip menu. So are you saying that you cannot change to any other screen in the MFD or that when you start the car is always defaults to the trip menu. What year car do you have?
2012 991.1 CS. All MFD menus and submenus accessible and functioning normally. It is just the menu displayed on vehicle start up. Used to be "Vehicle" now it is "Trip". I don't ever recall setting it to memorize s specific screen for start up, but thought it got memorized with the store to key function on the door buttons.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:57 PM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

An imperfect workaround is to disable the entire Trip menu, which is available under the Vehicle menu. There has to be a fix here...
Old 09-30-2019, 12:47 AM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

Bump.

Someone has to know how to fix this...
Old 09-30-2019, 01:00 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by swamp2
No, that's not what I'm working on. It's the default screen on the dash MFD. I have a non functional diamond button as I did the GPS converter/adapter with a 991.2 steering wheel upgrade.My OP is unrelated to that upgrade and the diamond button.
Has the problem just started or it hasnt worked since the upgrade?
Old 09-30-2019, 03:49 PM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

I'm reasonably sure this is not related to my SW upgrade. This seemed to switch somewhat randomly, perhaps after the other key settings were instantiated then my key settings reinstantiated again. This key switch though had been done many times prior without this undesired effect....
Old 10-21-2019, 11:14 PM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 04-29-2021, 12:24 PM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

I seem to have found a work around.

Set the Vehicle menu ad the active/visible one, turn on Auto Memory, cycle the car multiple times through fully off and locked then entry and driving, finally turn Auto Memory off. The Vehicle menu stays as the default on start up!

Again to be clear, I don't want the Auto Memory features enabled, hence this is an odd work-around. It almost seems like 2 bugs that counter each other.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:32 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

I seem to have found a work around.

Set the Vehicle menu ad the active/visible one, turn on Auto Memory, cycle the car multiple times through fully off and locked then entry and driving, finally turn Auto Memory off. The Vehicle menu stays as the default on start up!

Again to be clear, I don't want the Auto Memory features enabled, hence this is an odd work-around. It almost seems like 2 bugs that counter each other.
Doesn't seem odd at all. In fact, it seems perfectly on brand for Porsche's key-based memory system.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:57 PM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by asellus
Doesn't seem odd at all. In fact, it seems perfectly on brand for Porsche's key-based memory system.
Seems very odd to me. I can't see why this work around doesn't work with one cycle. Is it time based? Number of cycles based? Doubt if is random... It's certainly not documented.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. If you're saying this system is odd/finicky in some regards, then yes I could say "on brand".

Last edited by swamp2; 04-30-2021 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:28 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,320 Posts

Seems very odd to me. I can't see why this work around doesn't work with one cycle. Is it time based? Number of cycles based? Doubt if is random... It's certainly not documented.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. If you're saying this system is odd/finicky in some regards, then yes I could say "on brand".
Exactly that -- Porsche's awkward, unintuitive, and for the most part unwanted key memory system is the worst I've ever encountered in any vehicle I have ever driven.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:15 PM
swamp2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by asellus
Exactly that -- Porsche's awkward, unintuitive, and for the most part unwanted key memory system is the worst I've ever encountered in any vehicle I have ever driven.
Ha, ouch. I feel ya. It's got quirks for sure but the basics of memorizing 2 sets of settings for the 2 drivers, primarily seats and mirrors, for me works quite well.

Quick Reply: Memorize MFD Default Screen?