Prevent Lloyd's rear deck mat from sliding

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Hokidachi
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Prevent Lloyd's rear deck mat from sliding

Hello,
I guess I must be braking too hard as I my Lloyd rear deck mat keep sliding behind the rear seats.
Did any of you find a reliable way to have them stay in place, besides never braking or using launch control to have them sliding back?
Thanks!
Old 08-23-2019, 04:11 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 186 Posts

I'd suggest not using never braking as a solution simply due to the fact that if you never brake, a head on collision would still cause the mats to unfortunately move
With that being said, I've used an anti-slip pad that you can buy from amazon for bathroom/kitchen mats.... it's fairly thin, made out of rubber, provides sufficient friction, and yes I know that sounds... but it works really well!

Originally Posted by Hokidachi
Hello,
I guess I must be braking too hard as I my Lloyd rear deck mat keep sliding behind the rear seats.
Did any of you find a reliable way to have them stay in place, besides never braking or using launch control to have them sliding back?
Thanks!
Old 08-23-2019, 04:47 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 743 Likes on 527 Posts

Does the front lip of the mat sit forward of the front edge of the rear deck? If so the mat needs to be tucked in more at the rear for a good fit. I haven’t had an issue but I don’t k low what type of deceleration you are experiencing.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:25 PM
Hokidachi
Advanced

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
I'd suggest not using never braking as a solution simply due to the fact that if you never brake, a head on collision would still cause the mats to unfortunately move
Ah yes, I did not think about that! Thanks

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
With that being said, I've used an anti-slip pad that you can buy from amazon for bathroom/kitchen mats.... it's fairly thin, made out of rubber, provides sufficient friction, and yes I know that sounds... but it works really well!
Interesting. Do you remember which one you bought exactly?
Old 08-23-2019, 05:58 PM
Hokidachi
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jack F
Does the front lip of the mat sit forward of the front edge of the rear deck? If so the mat needs to be tucked in more at the rear for a good fit. I haven’t had an issue but I don’t k low what type of deceleration you are experiencing.
I'm not sure if it sits forward, I'll check and try to tuck it in more. In term of decelerations, I'm pretty sure they are similar to what most fellow 991 owners experience

Quick Reply: Prevent Lloyd's rear deck mat from sliding