Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage for behind the rear seats on the shelf (NOT seats folded down)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 01:54 AM
vincenz0
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Luggage for behind the rear seats on the shelf (NOT seats folded down)

Is there any shallow luggage that fits nicely on the shelf behind the rear seats in a 991? I had the idea of storing my roadside emergency kit (jumper cables, first aid, tire puncture repair, etc) back there to free up space in the frunk (where I normally have it.) I use the frunk pretty regularly for groceries, my kid's backpacks, etc so would like to keep it mostly empty.

I'd be open to something that fills that whole space nicely, or half the space. Doesn't matter if soft or hard luggage.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:56 AM
vincenz0
Racer

I should add that I found this, but would love to see one in the back to see how it fits.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUCARGOBAG.html
Old 08-10-2019, 01:48 PM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Roadsterbag.se makes a variety of fitted cases for the trunk, folded back seats and parcel shelf.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:08 PM
vincenz0
Racer

Originally Posted by waiting for PDK
Roadsterbag.se makes a variety of fitted cases for the trunk, folded back seats and parcel shelf.
Oh, those look pretty nice! Having trouble understanding the site, but I'll check to see if they have brown ones -- my car has the Agate interior which is closer to brown.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:06 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by vincenz0
I should add that I found this, but would love to see one in the back to see how it fits.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUCARGOBAG.html
I have that bag in both the small size and the medium size. The medium is just a bit too large and is slightly wider than the distance from the rear seat backs to the back of the car. I use the small one in the frunk to hold the sorts of things you intend it for - and I like the idea of moving it to the rear deck. So I put it there and it fits:

The following users liked this post:
vincenz0 (08-11-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Search the Marketplace since someone had what you are looking for listed not too long ago (whatever that means).
Old 08-10-2019, 11:08 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 556 Likes on 336 Posts

I would be a bit concerned putting anything with mass back there. In case of accident, God forbid, the stuff would be flying around the cabin.

I’m surprised that Porsche didn’t put hooks back there to secure stuff. At most I put soft sided luggage back there.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:08 AM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
I would be a bit concerned putting anything with mass back there. In case of accident, God forbid, the stuff would be flying around the cabin.

I’m surprised that Porsche didn’t put hooks back there to secure stuff. At most I put soft sided luggage back there.
There are kid seat brackets back there you could tie stuff too if desired.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:28 PM
BOPE
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO

My 991.2 does have hooks, one on each side of the rear shelf, for securing things.

Jason
The following users liked this post:
Tumbleweed (03-14-2021)
Old 08-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by vincenz0
Is there any shallow luggage that fits nicely on the shelf behind the rear seats in a 991? I had the idea of storing my roadside emergency kit (jumper cables, first aid, tire puncture repair, etc) back there to free up space in the frunk (where I normally have it.) I use the frunk pretty regularly for groceries, my kid's backpacks, etc so would like to keep it mostly empty.

I'd be open to something that fills that whole space nicely, or half the space. Doesn't matter if soft or hard luggage.
Dimensions are not listed. You can reach out to them.
https://www.rennwerkstatt.us/collect...n-traveler-bag

https://www.rennwerkstatt.us/collect...lassics?page=3

Quick Reply: Luggage for behind the rear seats on the shelf (NOT seats folded down)