Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers scratching up your car... what can you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019 | 12:01 AM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ClassJ
I would tell the dealer that you are going to have a PPF guy steam off the film in that area and take a look. If the paint damage is small, I would do a very nice touch up and re apply the clear bra
+1

Originally Posted by C4SJOHN
When you take your car in for service, you and the dealer service advisor should walk to your car and note any damage on your car. If they don't point out and list the damage on your work order when you drop off your car, they own all new damage to the car. That is the process that protect both you and the dealer. Walk out with the service advisor to your car, don't let them do the inspection without you.
Solid advice. Take some pictures too. I dropped of my daily today for only an oil change and the service guy took 4 pictures himself of the car, one from each angle. Must be a new policy. I think I need to start doing that also.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
The dealers in my area all request a walk-around when dropping off a car, just as rental car companies do when one rents, and pics are taken of any discrepancies. This should be a lesson for those that are not doing it, whether or not the dealer requests it. I also bring my own steering wheel and seat covers along and tape the side sill will painters tape for when they drag their work boots over and into the car.
This seems completely over the top OCD Porschophile sickness. I love it! (I bet it works too!)
Old 07-17-2019 | 12:05 AM
basic666
Racer

i mean it sounds like everyone's overreacting and OCDing hard until something like this happens. You can never be too careful i guess. Pretty ridiculous TBH considering a local indie shop would probably take better care of your car. This is the place they suggested they would have my bumper repainted at https://www.yelp.com/biz/aw-collisio...-jose-san-jose
Old 07-17-2019 | 12:16 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Forgot to mention that I only go to the dealer for warranty work...my Indy shop does everything else.
Old 07-17-2019 | 12:17 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

My cars never see a dealer ever.... Have you seen the way most wash cars and jockey them around ...Screw that .....It's a miracle more of us don't have dings and scratches among other issues from dealerships and it's not just Porsche ...It's all of them. Lets face it in this day and age it the get them in and get them out asap attitude.

Quick Reply: Dealers scratching up your car... what can you do?