Sponsored by:

GT3 Defector; now GTS owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 09:20 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Everyone should own a GT3 at least once, preferably a 997.2 It is possibly one of the best cars Porsche ever built (excluding the CGT). JMHO.
Someday.

I need the back seats for now, though! My kids love it when I pick them up from elementary school in the 911.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 214 Posts

Everyone should own a GT3 at least once, preferably a 997.2 It is possibly one of the best cars Porsche ever built (excluding the CGT). JMHO.
One day if I can afford two 911's and I have a bigger garage I'd love a GT3 touring
Old 07-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Someday.

I need the back seats for now, though! My kids love it when I pick them up from elementary school in the 911.
Not to mention that the top does down drop, which eliminates it for me.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:00 PM
Thor's
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Hi all.
I wanted to make a quick introduction on this board. I've been a regular GT board contributor for the past 8 years. I've owned a 997.2 GT3, GT4 and 991.1 GT3 RS. For years, I loved tracking and GT cars. Back in 2015, I got into cycling and all my weekends changed from track days to endurance rides. I never thought another hobby would replace tracking...but it did. The RS is an amazing car, but on the street to me it's just boring. It only really comes alive when pushed hard and at speed on the track. As such, it sat in my garage....a lot. I realized it was time to let her go. I posted her for sale here and she was purchased by a fellow Rennlister. Can't wait to see his face when he drives her for the first time.

After I sold the RS, I realized I still wanted a 911 and preferably one I could daily drive. I struggled with the idea that a GT3 was no longer the right car for me. Luckily, there are a 1000 flavors of 911 and tried to narrow what fit my needs. I still wanted power, RWD, some luxury and the best performance in a package that was great on the street. I finally went and test drove a very lightly used GTS. It was a spec I loved and really blew me away. I traded in my current DD (a C63S) and I am over the moon. I really love this car. It is by far the best combination of useable performance and luxury I have ever driven. Can't wait to pile the miles on this one.
Thank you for sharing. I came very close to purchasing a GT3 but came to realize that the GT3 was a purpose built machine that I would not be happy with driving exclusively on the street. Congratulations on your GTS!!!

Quick Reply: GT3 Defector; now GTS owner