Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattle and Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019 | 08:35 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Default Rattle and Squeak

So I had a couple of minor but annoying noises in the cabin I recently dealt with under warranty. I thought I’d document them here for future reference for others.

First noise was a squeak in the driver’s seat back. This one was easily repeatable by sitting in the seat and shifting one’s weight against the back. Tech discovered the seat release handle was rubbing against surrounding trim. Problem solved after realigning the trim to eliminate the rubbing.

Second noise was a rattle/buzz at the driver’s door. The noise appeared sporadically between 40-80 km/hr. Pressing one’s left shoulder against the door card while driving stopped the noise for a while. The tech applied felt tape to possible rubbing areas. Service Advisor and I both acknowledged there was no guarantee this solved the problem, but so far, the noise hasn’t appeared in the last three days. Apparently there is a service bulletin regarding the matter, though I didn’t ask whether it was the same one related to the trim separation issue Issue that has afflicted others.

I held out for a year, but I finally came around to the idea, ( read: ) and while at the dealership, I picked up a pair of clear LED side markers.
The following users liked this post:
Zanotti (07-07-2019)

Quick Reply: Rattle and Squeak