Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Holy CR@P! No lift shift!!!!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1150900-holy-cr-p-no-lift-shift.html)

Rennolazine 07-05-2019 04:04 PM

Holy CR@P! No lift shift!!!!!

My T does it on upshifts AND downshifts (with rev match). Keep the throttle steady and it changes revs to match downshift or upshift in both sport mode and sport plus!!! Even on 1-2 shifts. Havent tried WOT at redline yet, but will tomorrow.
I kind of attempted it in the past and it didnt work... but today it did!!! Anyone else try it on their .2 with chrono?

Rich_Jenkins 07-05-2019 05:17 PM

Well not yet on my '17 but I will give this a try tomorrow morning. In Sport or Sport plus, you say?

Rennolazine 07-05-2019 05:19 PM

Yep. Both modes. In the past i dont think i was doing it fast enough. For the record i have a giac tune but i dont think this affects the transmission mapping.

Rich_Jenkins 07-05-2019 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rennolazine (Post 15954217)
Yep. Both modes. In the past i dont think i was doing it fast enough. For the record i have a giac tune but i dont think this affects the transmission mapping.

Base model Carerra here, no tune, nothing, zip. Just as from Factory.

Will try and report back. Sounds fun. :)

Psorcery 07-05-2019 05:24 PM

I'm glad someone had the balls to do this.. This feature is known to only be available in the .2 GT3 and was questioned if it works in the .2 Carrera. I hope you manual guys have it.

Check out this GT3 no lift shifting against this Turbo S and NOT losing any ground.

BSO 07-05-2019 05:57 PM

I know that the manuals have a 4k rev limit from a stop for dumping the clutch at start (though the folks at Atlanta Porsche Delivery stated clearly not to do that when I picked up my car).

Maybe the same limit takes effect on WOT shifts. Would be nice to get confirmation from Porsche.

Rennolazine 07-05-2019 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by BSO (Post 15954280)
I know that the manuals have a 4k rev limit from a stop for dumping the clutch at start (though the folks at Atlanta Porsche Delivery stated clearly not to do that when I picked up my car).

Maybe the same limit takes effect on WOT shifts. Would be nice to get confirmation from Porsche.

Clutch dump doesnt make this car go fast. Dont ask how i know
That said, theres alot more shennaniganry and tomfoolery at play here with this no-lift transmission mapping than a simple rev limiter

BSO 07-05-2019 06:36 PM

What is needed is a larger sample size, takers may be hard to come by.

There are lots of videos on Chevrolet's no-lift shift and they've had that feature for some time. I think there's less risk involved with a Chevy.

fastforddriver 07-05-2019 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rennolazine (Post 15954298)
Clutch dump doesnt make this car go fast. Dont ask how i know
That said, theres alot more shennaniganry and tomfoolery at play here with this no-lift transmission mapping than a simple rev limiter

Engine ignition is probably shut off for a few milliseconds during the WOT shift. I think that's how most aftermarket devices do it.

Rennolazine 07-05-2019 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by fastforddriver (Post 15954347)
Engine ignition is probably shut off for a few milliseconds during the WOT shift. I think that's how most aftermarket devices do it.

This for sure. And when you engage a higher gear and start releasing the clutch the revs start to drop despite throttle application.

TrackJunke 07-05-2019 07:36 PM

Do you think you could post a video of doing it in your Carrera T? Would love to see in action.

Rennolazine 07-05-2019 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by TrackJunke (Post 15954433)
Do you think you could post a video of doing it in your Carrera T? Would love to see in action.

Gonna mess around with it some more tomorrow and if it works WOT near redline ill make a video. Still dont have the ballz to do it at redline until i get more seat time with it.

subshooter 07-05-2019 08:48 PM

Check out this thread. A lot of new stuff going on here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...t3-manual.html

Rennolazine 07-05-2019 08:57 PM

Yes that thread was complicated. The guy was trying to defeat rev match but his shifting style was such that no lift programming was kicking in. Has to do with when the gas is pressed relative to changing gates
In our case we want it to. Lol
I found the key is keeping the throttle at the same position. And also 1->2. Just gotta play with it some more until i feel comfortable doing it on full beans. @85Gold swears by it in his 718

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1116...991-2-s-2.html

evilfij 07-06-2019 01:30 AM

I am so lazy I use this in my GT3 (and auto blip which I love). It works at 1/4 throttle at 2500 rpm so it should work the same in a carrera so no real risk in trying it.