Sponsored by:

Comfort Setting

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Comfort Setting

When I first picked up my baby, the setting on it had the seat going all the way back on the comfort setting. After I reprogrammed the settings to what I wanted, the comfort setting now only moves the seat back several inches. I have searched and searched and can’t seem to find how to make the seat go all the way back as it did before. Anyone know the secret to lengthening the distance the seat goes back?

-TJ
Old 07-02-2019, 11:44 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Comfort setting only moves it back a couple inches, which is not enough for me so as a work around I programmed my 2nd key to move the seat back all the way when I push 2 so when I am going for a drive using key 1 I open the door and push 2 until the seat goes all the way back. I then get in and push 1 until it gets to my settings, close the door and off I go. When I stop I push 2 so the seat goes all the way back and get out - repeat as required.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
sr5959 (07-03-2019), TurboS_GG (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 12:12 AM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Comfort setting only moves it back a couple inches, which is not enough for me so as a work around I programmed my 2nd key to move the seat back all the way when I push 2 so when I am going for a drive using key 1 I open the door and push 2 until the seat goes all the way back. I then get in and push 1 until it gets to my settings, close the door and off I go. When I stop I push 2 so the seat goes all the way back and get out - repeat as required.
I’m doing exactly the same!
Old 07-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Hmm, I wonder if it is something the dealership can do. When I first got it, the other owner had it set to go the full distance back when you turned off the car and opened the door. I drove it like that a few times before getting everything set the way I wanted it, and when I saved the setting it went to the couple inches.

And it seems to be such an pain to sit there and hold the button down. Wish you could just hit it and it would reset fully like my wife’s Tahoe does. First world problems I guess.

-TJ
Old 07-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy
Hmm, I wonder if it is something the dealership can do. When I first got it, the other owner had it set to go the full distance back when you turned off the car and opened the door. I drove it like that a few times before getting everything set the way I wanted it, and when I saved the setting it went to the couple inches.

And it seems to be such an pain to sit there and hold the button down. Wish you could just hit it and it would reset fully like my wife’s Tahoe does. First world problems I guess.

-TJ
So the dealer said no, right?
Old 07-11-2019, 09:55 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Curious how tall you guys are that feel the need to move the seat aft to get out?
I am 6'3" and have never considered the need to do so. Of course my seat is pretty far back to begin with due to my height. Is the car difficult to get out of for shorter drivers with the seat forward?
Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I am 6'2" and I sit close albeit where one should actually sit, which is with one's wrist on the top of the steering wheel when you are sitting comfortably with your shoulders relaxed. I also keep my seat back fairly upright as well and since I have back problems I need to have the seat move all the way back to get in and out thus the reason I have done what I describe in post #2.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:44 AM
usccharles
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 82 Posts

FYI, i think if you press the setting button while the door is open the seat will move to the programmed position without having to hold on to the setting button
The following users liked this post:
sr5959 (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usccharles
FYI, i think if you press the setting button while the door is open the seat will move to the programmed position without having to hold on to the setting button
Without starting the car of course...I do that all the time.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

So the dealer said no, right?
Haven’t had the chance to ask. They are 370 miles away, but will do next time I am in.

-TJ
Old 07-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy
Haven’t had the chance to ask. They are 370 miles away, but will do next time I am in.

-TJ
Let us know when you ask but I would bet there is no way to do it..."it is what it is" so to say.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:36 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

That’s a great idea! It’s a shame my wife claimed seat position 2 already - and she’s 5’2” so it’s a non-starter for me.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:00 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by digits
That’s a great idea! It’s a shame my wife claimed seat position 2 already - and she’s 5’2” so it’s a non-starter for me.
We were out for dinner this evening and it was a real out - top was down, AC was keeping us comfy and after playing with a Challenger on A1A I decided it was the wife' turn so I pulled over and let her take over. She adjusted everything for herself in about 30 seconds and off we went so I guess you have to decide what is more important....my wife could care less since I drive most of the time and it helps me so that is all that matters to her.

Quick Reply: Comfort Setting