Sponsored by:

DB Carbon door panel trim linings Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 08:02 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
I don’t suppose you could also make these in brushed aluminum finish to match the OEM kit?
I would love this and frankly am shocked nobody has done it!
The following users liked this post:
sr5959 (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 10:36 AM
scottryla
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Just chiming in, I threw these in the car last night and it really ties in the carbon accents. Well made product and easy install.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:41 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

PM sent nolan12, your set is waiting to leave...

Fantastic to hear - share some installed pics when you´ve a chance! Highly appreciated.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:55 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by DBCarbon
Yeah an smaller but very nice addition, here you go for them... PM for special rennlist member pricing.
https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/...ts/1006CA-0001

Do these just snap in? Can you pls let me know cost? I just sent PM for door pcs. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:13 PM
DBCarbon
Racer

Yeah, the door pull inserts clips in and out very easy to exchange...

PM´s sent, thanks for the interest guys.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:23 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

I wish these bolted in. I find it very hard to believe these will not come loose and or come undone in extreme heat. The door card they tape too is very coarse. That tape must at some point fail.

I wish these had bolts on the back you could nut down on the back side to ensure they never come off. Id rather drill a couple holes and have to remove my door card than tape them on.

Im sure they work great for those who keep there 911 in the garage. But I DD mine and cant for the life of me see how these will hold on in socal heat.

No offense to the manufacture. Im just saying I wish they have nuts and bolts to affix to the door. Because everything Ive ever taped to the INSIDE of my car has failed at some point.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:33 PM
Olsdog
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DBCarbon

DB Carbon is now running an exclusive rennlist member Group Buy for our door panel lining solution.

Upgrade your leather & non-leather door panels on your 981, 991 .1 & .2 and 718 with our add on trim linings, flawless & just perfect fitting DB Carbon quality, installed in seconds with 3M adhesive tape.

We do manufacture these out of an professional aluminium mould as an 3D add on solution, against our usual full replacement products, because of the following reasons:
- on the leather door panels the original trim linings are melted together with the door panels, pretty hard to exchange if interior is upgraded with an carbon trim package
- on the non-leather door panels they simply don´t exist, just impressed in the material... the main reason for we started to develop these, non full leather interiors with factory carbon trim lining option are delivered w/o the door panel linings in carbon - an incomplete set from OEM side where lots of customers were upset about and asked us for an solution.

Standard we deliver them in an exact OEM matching plain black carbon weave with highgloss finish, optional any custom carbon weave, with our fine matt finish, primed/ready to paint or custom colour painted (any RAL colour possible in our painting cabine). Ask for pricing...

Expect an absolutely strict fitment with an exact shape in an ultra thin product to keep the add on invisible, with DB Carbon´s usual brilliant flawless & lifetime stable quality.

List price in our standard OEM matching option $484, special rennlist GB sale 20% off $387!
Valid till end of July ´19.
Reply on this thread to get yours now and feel free to call or PM us for any questions, advice and anything else.

Product pictures

Customer car pictures with our standard OEM matching option

Customer car pictures piano black custom coloured option to complete the Carrera T interior trim lining package

DB Carbon´s aluminium mould for an exact shape

Are you guys still offering special pricing for Rennlist members? I want the door liners, the ignition. cupholder, and center console for my 991.1 GT3.Thanks.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:35 PM
Camilian
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just purchased these and the center console from their website at regular price not realizing there was a group buy with Rennlist. I emailed Daniel back to see what he would do for me..

I'll post back
Old 04-27-2021, 04:35 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

Originally Posted by Olsdog
Are you guys still offering special pricing for Rennlist members? I want the door liners, the ignition. cupholder, and center console for my 991.1 GT3.Thanks.
We do so! Please PM us for an special offer or give us an direct email under contact@db-design-group.com
Thanks a lot
Old 04-27-2021, 04:36 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

Originally Posted by Camilian
I just purchased these and the center console from their website at regular price not realizing there was a group buy with Rennlist. I emailed Daniel back to see what he would do for me..

I'll post back
Please excuse Sir, this group buy is back from 2019 and over... let´s see what we can do as usual special for our rennlist member customers.
wdr911 (05-19-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 10:32 AM
Camilian
Intermediate

Hi Everyone
Just got around to installing the door trims and center console I got from DB Carbon, and although all looked great when I opened the packaging. I have some concerns after install, I was hoping anyone here can tell me if they have had similar? I hear DB carbon to have very good products and a very good reputation, but I cant leave these on my car looking like this

1. center console trim is not finished like the OEM trim, see pics

2. The door trims are too long, I have them as far in as they can go

3. Lastly the passenger side trim has imperfections in the carbon fiber that are visible, the gloss finish is fine, no scratches, this is inside the carbon fibre and it is not a reflection or anything

Old 10-10-2021, 11:32 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 362 Likes on 189 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune .

That center console looks terrible I agree. It needs to be painted black to blend in the interior.

I have the door trim (from different vendor) & you have to install it all the way to make the trim flush to the end of the door. By doing so it might overlapse a bit inside the car but it’s not too noticeable. The weave looks terrible though, hope they exchange it for you,

good luck !
Old 10-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Camilian
Intermediate

I can’t push it in any further, it fits into the groove, if I push it over it will stick out and the tape won’t touch the last 4 or 5 inches of the panel.

maybe they gave me the ones for the 991 instead of 991.2. Not sure if there is a slight difference in size?

Last edited by Camilian; 10-10-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:42 AM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 362 Likes on 189 Posts

I see, sounds like a bad batch.

i would return it for a new one since you have CF flaws anyways. Just heat it & pull gently. I removed mine once, it’s easily removable .

Nice 992.1 convertible by the way. Big fan of the techart kit.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:45 AM
Camilian
Intermediate

I emailed Daniel from DB Carbon, I’m sure he’ll get everything straightened out to my satisfaction. I have read they are very reputable.
Roswell88 (10-10-2021)

Quick Reply: DB Carbon door panel trim linings Group Buy