Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 C4s turbo problems. Has anyone had this happen??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 12:15 PM
verstraete
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
Good to know. My C4S used to show at least 12-13 psi boost in sport. These days, 2 yrs later, I don’t seem to read any boost at all. A few psi at most. I have my second year service in a few weeks. I will ask. No warnings though.
After almost 3 years in NE PA, including winter use, my C2S also seems to be showing less boost than before, but no warnings Please keep us informed after your service. I will also investigate mine and report. A pattern might be developing.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:35 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default call PCNA and file a complaint - twitter

Many companies seemed to be more afraid of twitter post today. Has anyone gotten results posting on Porsches twitter fees ?

QUOTE=docjackson1;15908020]Things arent going well My dealer in northern Jersey probably did rip the vaccum hose when they removed the turbo chargers. They have already had the car for 3 weeks going on 4 and they tell me that Germany is not being very cooperative in sending replacement hoses. So I pay 1800 dollars a month for a car that I cannot drive and there is no promise for a date when a part will be sent. I asked the dealership to have the owner call Germany and demand a part but they refuse to do that. And I am an owner who has owned over 15 new porsches since 1984. I am stuck with a car that has been apparently damaged by service and I am left begging them to be responsible. No promise that a new part will be shipped. They tell me to call back in a week. And this is Porsche service???[/QUOTE]
Old 06-21-2019, 02:53 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

It's up to the dealer as to providing loaners. Many will if you bought the car from them, others encourage service visits, providing loaners regardless of purchase location. Reeves Porsche FL was my purchase location and offers loaners but too far for me for service.

Local dealer, Melbourne Porsche FL, advertises service/warranty loaners available to Porsche owners, purchase location is non-issue. Helps being a PCNA member (discounted service) and dealer is active supporting local PCNA chapter events. PNA awarded them a top dealer award this year. The one service I have gotten so far was mostly solid (they reset the oil interval on my early oil change, it should have been left unchanged, I'll take care of this at the 7.5k one).

It pays to scope out your dealer before to trust them with your car.

Mine is a '19 C4S but I will keep an eye on the boost level as time goes by for any sign of reduced numbers.

Hope you get your car back ASAP and running normal.

Last edited by BSO; 06-21-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:41 PM
fappds
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear you're going through all of this, I hope it all works out for you! I feel better about my NA engine I guess, so are you going to tell us which dealer?
Old 06-22-2019, 03:08 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

So here's a lesson I think I just learned from this thread: for any significant issue or where there might be some troubleshooting involved I'll push hard for a loaner. I can't imagine any dealership would enjoy covering the cost of a loaner for weeks on end - and rather than squabble over who's paying for replacement parts (that they broke themselves) they'd be splurging on overnight shipping from Germany..

You were already suspicious of that initial diagnosis "waste gate on BOTH turbos stuck closed" which just doesn't even seem remotely likely. Then: "They sent me a short film of the technician trying unsuccessfully to move both wastegates." - okay so they are still thinking it's related to waste gates?

Anyway, I'm left still wondering what the actual problem is and I'm anxiously awaiting your next update - I really hope it gets sorted out soon!
Old 06-22-2019, 05:41 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 234 Posts

The dealer I use, Porsche of Nashua in NH while expensive has treated me very well. Their service department is good and they offer loaners (usually Macans) or rides and pickups. Appointments are also not that hard to get although I schedule mine quite a few weeks in advance. They also store wheels and tires for a reasonable fee.
I thought my C4S would be a keeper so I hope these problems with the turbos are not common. The lesson to me perhaps is that these cars can't be kept without some sort of warranty. Bummer.

Quick Reply: 991.2 C4s turbo problems. Has anyone had this happen??