Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 C4s turbo problems. Has anyone had this happen??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 01:09 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update on my posts. I was contacted today by the dealership telling me it will be at least 2 more weeks to get the vacuum hoses from Germany, which they ripped in the first place while removing the turbos. Now they tell me that Porsche is saying that there is a design flaw in the turbos of the 991.2 C4s. As far as having them pay my 1800 dollar lease payment, there is. No answer to that. I have a warranty but the dealer is sticking it up my ***. And in 2 weeks when they still dont have the part and they have had my car for 6 weeks? My advice. Watch out for this dealer who is short on technicians and customer support. The dealer should be going to bat for me. No loaner, either. What a dealership
Old 06-18-2019, 03:57 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Wow. Can you get your car out of there? The confidence level in this dealer is at the lowest level. Why wait for them to possibly give you more delays.
I am really sorry to hear this experience you are having. It makes me shutter to think when I move my car to Florida and have to adjust to a new dealer that I could end up with something like this after a great relationship with my current dealer.
If I ever treated my customers like this because one of our factories dropped the ball I would expect to lose them for life. I don't think the Porsche brand can bê judged purely by the commentary of the dealership that is why it is so important to have direct contact with PCNA. If they drop the ball then it is a sad statement about the brand.
For me it's less about the mistakes that were made initially as sh$t happens but instead more about how they go about finding a remedy so you are happy. Unfortunately they have blown past that point. I'm going to call my dealer just to thank them for not being like the one mentioned here.
I hope you get this worked out.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:19 AM
Cheshi143
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 145 Posts

It's not rocket science. The boost control logic on the 991.2 is very basic. I cannot fathom the probability of two internal waste gates going bad at the same time. Probably mathematically impossible. There are simple vacuum tests to se if the waste gate actuators are working. I also cannot fathom two waste gate actuators going bad at the same time. Probably mathematically impossible. A simple smoke test will be able to isolate the exact point of where the vacuum lines (boost control signal) is leaking at. Splice in a new section and see if the car will make boost. If not, then the problem is elsewhere (most likely boost control solenoid).

None of that really matters anymore. Contact these folks: https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/Ne...f-Brochure.pdf
Old 06-18-2019, 06:12 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

I agree. I voiced to the service writer several times that it seems impossible that both turbo wastegates died at the same time. They sent me a short film of the technician trying unsuccessfully to move both wastegates. Despite my trying several times, they never let me talk to the service manager. As far as the Lemmon law, my car was delivered 30 months ago, so it doesn’t apply. But thanx for the thought This is just a plain example of a dealership treating a customer poorly. They are very short on technicians and they pass their inadequacies to their customers, rather then understanding what their service deficiencies do to their customers and making it up to those customers. In this situation, where is their upper management? 3 completion dates have been blown by the service writer who communicates with me. Today he told me the next expected completion date is 2 weeks from now. When asked about support from the dealer. ( lease payment made $1800, loaner, etc) he says “we’ll see. If they treat a customer who has purchased or leased over 15 vehicles of the Porsche brand from them, you have to wonder how they treat everyone when they have a warranty issue where you need them to go to bat for you
Old 06-18-2019, 06:38 AM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 242 Posts

Very strange. Sounds like a sociology/psychology experiment to me. The dealer toying with the customer.
What ‘design flaws’ in the turbos?
The described series of events, no matter how inept the dealer, seems very odd to say the least. Minimally, I would go the dealership in person and demand to see the service and general managers to get an explanation. No phone calls.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:51 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

I did exactly that on Saturday. They brought over the general manager. He voiced his concern and his desire to make me happy. He would get the part from Germany quickly, get me a comparable loaner, get my loan paid for the month
, etc. Today brought back the service writer with "maybe you'll get your car back in 2 weeks. We will see. Tomorrow I contact the owner. And PCNA
Old 06-18-2019, 07:04 AM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 242 Posts

They are lying to you repeatedly. What good is the GM’s reassurance when his employees are not following through?
Shaming this dealership by naming them would be a public service. I admire your patience.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:57 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Who is the dealer. You should let everyone know as a PSA so everyone can stay away.

Like you said, you have been a loyal customer and this is how they treat you? And what is the story with NO LOANER? Talk about insult on top of injury to a loyal customer!

Geeze. .
Old 06-18-2019, 11:14 AM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

With all due respect to your predicament, your wasting everyones time without mentioning the dealer. As other i asked who it is. If your uncomfortable you can PM request.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by gellie
With all due respect to your predicament, your wasting everyones time without mentioning the dealer. As other i asked who it is. If your uncomfortable you can PM request.
Agree - you are not helping others
might as well rant in front of a mirror
Old 06-18-2019, 07:02 PM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

If it were me, I'd look up your applicable lemon laws. In California, that car would already be presumed to be a lemon given its been out of service for more than 30 days within 18 months or 18,000 miles of ownership, and its still not repaired to the warranty standards.

Start beating the buy-back drum directly with PCNA You may get someone's attention fairly quickly.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:21 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

OP is apparently past lemon law coverage, so no relief there. He can try to sue via small claims court for his damages, this could motivate the dealer to do right once they're served with papers.

Buy-back may not be an option on a leased vehicle.

Who is leasing the car to the OP? OP needs to make them aware of your predicament and see if they have some leverage to get the work done, at the end of the lease, it's their car.

Good luck.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:42 AM
kuma1416
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by gellie
While I agree , if I were the OP I'd get my car back before naming the dealer. The events described above suggest they may not respond in an honorable fashion to being called out.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:01 AM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 185 Posts

Don't give us a name, just respond with a number....

1) Edison (Ray Catena)
2) Flemington
3) Jack Daniels
4) Princeton
5) Cherry Hill
6) Monmouth
7) Paul Miller
8) Toms River (Ray Catena)
9) Town
10) Atlantic City
11) Schneider
The following users liked this post:
kiddoutlaw (06-21-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:39 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
OP is apparently past lemon law coverage, so no relief there. He can try to sue via small claims court for his damages, this could motivate the dealer to do right once they're served with papers.

Buy-back may not be an option on a leased vehicle.

Who is leasing the car to the OP? OP needs to make them aware of your predicament and see if they have some leverage to get the work done, at the end of the lease, it's their car.

Good luck.
Right, this is a leased car. Never having leased myself, I'd check the lease agreement, maybe there's some way to walk away from the lease if the car is unable to function? After all, it's not YOUR car, it belongs to the leasing company.

Quick Reply: 991.2 C4s turbo problems. Has anyone had this happen??