Sponsored by:

Interesting integration piece for BOSE cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 617 Posts
Default Interesting integration piece for BOSE cars

Hey guys, I have been researching many ways to integrate into our stock BOSE systems, I specifically wanted to remove our stock amp and replace it with a nicer 4 channel amp. I know MoBridge and Audison make solutions, that are pretty pricey. I found this on recent research.

https://trioma.ru/wp-content/uploads...rca3.0_eng.pdf

I am very tempted to buy one and try this out to replace the bose amp. I no longer use my center channel NOR the subwoofer. I would keep my stock door speakers for now, I already have the musicar tweeters and seperate Sub. I could remove my hi/lo converter and use this to drive a 4 channel amplifier to drive my tweeters and door mids for a nice 2.1 system at a reasonable cost. I would just need to run some wires into the tweeters and mids in the doors.

Can be had on ebay for about $230 + Shipping vs the 600+ for other solutions.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:51 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

I have to say, I’m old, but love music. I keep hearing how bad the Bose system is. My only complaint is, that in my Cab. I have to really crank it up to hear it at speed.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:11 PM
SH2
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 51 Posts

I’m in agreement, the stock Bose system is more than pleasing to me.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CCDD
I’m in agreement, the stock Bose system is more than pleasing to me.
Ignorance is bliss There is definitely a lot more SQ you can get out of this system
Old 06-06-2019, 07:36 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Joec500
Ignorance is bliss There is definitely a lot more SQ you can get out of this system
Poor choice of words.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:13 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 188 Posts

I'm with you, the stock BOSE system is rather subpar and does benefit from the tweeter upgrade! I went with the Burmester tweeters vs the Musicar ones - is there a significant difference? I just started using flac as my source via Tidal... how does one go about doing the center and subwoofer disconnect? I would have thought that disconnecting the sub would have reduced the low end? I've heard the center disconnect improves stereo sound - correct? Then what is the purpose of the speakers in the first place?
Old 06-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GKGEIGER
Poor choice of words.
To each his own *shrug*
Old 06-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
I'm with you, the stock BOSE system is rather subpar and does benefit from the tweeter upgrade! I went with the Burmester tweeters vs the Musicar ones - is there a significant difference? I just started using flac as my source via Tidal... how does one go about doing the center and subwoofer disconnect? I would have thought that disconnecting the sub would have reduced the low end? I've heard the center disconnect improves stereo sound - correct? Then what is the purpose of the speakers in the first place?
I just pulled the fuse for the sub amp to disable the sub. I have an aftermarket sub installed on my back shelf so there was no need for a less powerful sub.

The center channel is a bit tougher as you need. To pop out the center trim where the SC clock sits, assuming you have SC. You pop up the trim piece and unplug the speaker.

I also had the Berm tweeter, the musicar tweeter is a similar jump from Bose to Berm in terms of sq. At least to my ears.

The purpose of of all the speakers is to create a more “immersive” sound experience. But I prefer the more precise 2.1 non “surround” sound.

Obviously these are all sound preferences. There really isn’t a right or wrong thing here. I am just a big car audio person, with my own preferences.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:30 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 188 Posts

Joec500, thank you for your clear and concise response! This was exactly what I was looking for - I'm going to try and disconnect my center channel and go from there - like yourself, I am biased towards hearing audio as it was recorded, not as an 'immersive' sound, save that for the Michael Bay movies

Your response was most helpful!

I just pulled the fuse for the sub amp to disable the sub. I have an aftermarket sub installed on my back shelf so there was no need for a less powerful sub.

The center channel is a bit tougher as you need. To pop out the center trim where the SC clock sits, assuming you have SC. You pop up the trim piece and unplug the speaker.

I also had the Berm tweeter, the musicar tweeter is a similar jump from Bose to Berm in terms of sq. At least to my ears.

The purpose of of all the speakers is to create a more “immersive” sound experience. But I prefer the more precise 2.1 non “surround” sound.

Obviously these are all sound preferences. There really isn’t a right or wrong thing here. I am just a big car audio person, with my own preferences.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:37 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 172 Posts

Do youhave a full musicar stage 3? I'd love to come hear it if possible, I have the tweeter upgrade only and it was a nice jump from bose, but the stage 2/3 is expensive and not sure if worth it vs a custom upgrade
Old 06-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

I have the Bose, but I prefer the music that comes from the exhaust!
Old 06-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Why bother if it is good enough? It would be different if we talking about the other type of "tunes" but for music my Bose is fine.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

^. Agree. If i want to hear great sounds i just crank up my walkman.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by koven
Do youhave a full musicar stage 3? I'd love to come hear it if possible, I have the tweeter upgrade only and it was a nice jump from bose, but the stage 2/3 is expensive and not sure if worth it vs a custom upgrade
I too only have the tweeter, but I did add a powered JL Sub which adds a nice dimension to the system. I am talking to Nick in regards to a pseudo stage II system, as I have the BOSE and they have not built a full plug n play solution. The biggest issue is that they cannot preserve the hands free phone. But since I did the Apple Carplay retrofit I don't use the existing hands free anyways.

I think with the MOST adapter unit I posted above, I can easily add a quality aftermarket amp to bypass the BOSE amp with all its sound processing and add higher quality None processed amplification to get a more authentic non DSP sound. This sets me up to upgrade the mids in the door as I see fit.

I know many folks here are completely satisfied with their Bose Systems, and I think that's great because at the end of the day it's all about what makes YOU happy. For me the stock Bose System DOES NOT make me happy. But I also understand the Internet allows for opinionated folks to share their preferences regardless of productivity.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:49 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
Joec500, thank you for your clear and concise response! This was exactly what I was looking for - I'm going to try and disconnect my center channel and go from there - like yourself, I am biased towards hearing audio as it was recorded, not as an 'immersive' sound, save that for the Michael Bay movies

Your response was most helpful!
Happy to try to be helpful

The sub fuse is labeled in the owners manual.

The center channel trim is a bit of a bear to remove, just make sure you have a decent set of plastic trim panel pry tools to remove it. And don't forget to wrap the plug in foam or another material to prevent the plastic loose plug from rattling around in your dash.

Quick Reply: Interesting integration piece for BOSE cars