Sponsored by:

NJ/PA/NY - Group Custom Tuning oppurtunity

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Default NJ/PA/NY - Group Custom Tuning oppurtunity

I have another thread on all the different tuning options available now for 991.2, Cobb is prominent, there is GIAC, Dyno Spectrum, VF Engineering Hex tune etc. I am sure I am missing quite a few.
A lot of companies work with Cobb using Access port for transferring the maps, others have there own device to do similar map transfers. We have all seen different numbers and characteristics from a number of different tunes.

just a two days ago, a forum member was recommending me VF Engineering and he had his 2018 Carrera T tuned by them.

And yesterday I by change I got an invite to have dinner with Nick the owner of VF Engineering who happened to be in NJ, I was like what are the odds of that.
I was also speaking to Danek at Eurotech MS in NJ and it turns out Nick was here to discuss business with Danek, what are the odds of that.

Any way had a great dinner and long discussion with Nick (really nice guy)

We discussed a possibility, if there is enough interest in the area to do a big event. Where VF Engineering would fly over here and rent a shop with a Mustang Load Bearing 4W Dyno and tune all cars. That would include the ECU mod needed, which by the way is software based but requires physically opening the ECU to get to the chip but no physical modification is made other then opening the case to access the chip. And Dyno tuning the cars live one at a time. they would be willing to do this for 2-4 days straight depending how many cars are there. There seems to be interest in this from other brand car owners as well, from another car club I belong to. so it would be worth the effort for a great event and tune.

What do you think if you are in the area and if interested let me know, and I can talk to Nick further about it.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:59 AM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 185 Posts

Would this be a tune they load up to our Cobb Accessport? Or does it get bench flashed?

Sorry, naive a bit in the Porsche scene

Last edited by LargePuppy; 06-05-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: details!
Old 06-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
Would this be a tune they load up to our Cobb Accessport? Or does it get bench flashed?

Sorry, naive a bit in the Porsche scene
Nothing to do with Cobb accessport.

don’t know if cobb access port can be used with their map, probably
Old 06-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

This is for custom (pro) tune on a dyno, even cobb will tell you to do that if you have more than sport cats
Old 06-05-2019, 12:53 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
This is for custom (pro) tune on a dyno, even cobb will tell you to do that if you have more than sport cats
But with that being said, I imagine even if you only have sport cats, a custom tune would probably extract more oomph than an OTS tune?

Count me in depending on date! I'm waiting for my Soul Street Package, but now I might even add in headers to my install in prep for a proper tune.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:04 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LargePuppy
But with that being said, I imagine even if you only have sport cats, a custom tune would probably extract more oomph than an OTS tune?

Count me in depending on date! I'm waiting for my Soul Street Package, but now I might even add in headers to my install in prep for a proper tune.
Yes,- want to see if there is enough interest for them to fly over here to set it up.
you get a smooth tune on the dyno right away, they tune a lot.

dates would really depend on interest and shop schedule and there schedule.

i am in for custom hands on tune where I get to watch and have it done quickly, no email fine tuning.
dyno tunes are best way to do it
Old 08-26-2019, 11:15 AM
GGalo Gan
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is a few months old but did this every come to fruition?
Old 08-26-2019, 11:21 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GGalo Gan
I know this thread is a few months old but did this every come to fruition?
nope, not much interest

I decided not doing it myself, just headers and cats

and enjoying it unmolested
Old 08-26-2019, 11:29 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

I would like to have seen those Mustang dyno curves for the various 3.0 tt engines, b4 and after tuning. I had my stock S/X51 tested on a Mustang dyno, and would like to compare.

Quick Reply: NJ/PA/NY - Group Custom Tuning oppurtunity