Sponsored by:

.2 GTS PDK shifting

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 02:18 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default .2 GTS PDK shifting

Curious if its normal to hear/feel a little clunk when the car shifts between gears. I only notice it when I really pay attention. Seems normal but curious if my assessment is correct. Anyone?
Old 05-20-2019, 10:45 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

I should call it more of a tick than a clunk.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:51 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Never mind, I searched and found its completely normal.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:33 AM
mzoroya7
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious if there have been any updates here? I bought a CPO 2014 Boxster S w/PDK and it's doing the exact same thing. I've had it in the dealer twice for this so far. The first time they said it was a bad coil and changed it, and the second time they said they reloaded the PDK software. Neither of those worked. One small item I will add to the descriptive is that my vibration only happens after the car is fully warm. If you drive it during warm-up, it's smooth as silk. But, if you are in stop-n-go traffic, for example, the vibration will be pretty noticeable after a while. The last time into the dealer, I took one of the Service guys with me for a ride and he agreed it's not supposed to perform like this. At least it's fully on the record.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:32 PM
mzoroya7
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update - after my third time at the dealer for this same issue (Porsche Irvine, CA) they told me Porsche says this behavior is within tolerance, based on my mileage and normal wear. I spoke to the Service Manager and lead mechanic trying to understand how something like this could be acceptable when there is no transmission 'maintenance' other than fluid change. Otherwise, it would seem the trans is gradually wearing and I would eventually need to replace - I'm sure this would be after the CPO warranty was expired as well.. I also asked if they could give me a ride in a car that exhibited similar behavior. Of course they couldn't and said this was because they didn't have my configured car with my mileage. After a long discussion, the Service Manager agreed to at least change the trans fluid at his cost to see if this would make a difference. Somehow as a part of changing the fluid, the trans started throwing faults and this finally prompted Porsche to agree that a trans replacement was required. Not sure if this was really the faults or if the Dealer Service team just worked harder to convince Porsche this time. Either way, a replacement trans is being shipped from Atlanta and should be in the car later this week. Happy this is covered under CPO warranty (otherwise a $15k+ expense), but this has put some fear in me since this is my first Porsche.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:05 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 743 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by mzoroya7
Update - after my third time at the dealer for this same issue (Porsche Irvine, CA) they told me Porsche says this behavior is within tolerance, based on my mileage and normal wear. I spoke to the Service Manager and lead mechanic trying to understand how something like this could be acceptable when there is no transmission 'maintenance' other than fluid change. Otherwise, it would seem the trans is gradually wearing and I would eventually need to replace - I'm sure this would be after the CPO warranty was expired as well.. I also asked if they could give me a ride in a car that exhibited similar behavior. Of course they couldn't and said this was because they didn't have my configured car with my mileage. After a long discussion, the Service Manager agreed to at least change the trans fluid at his cost to see if this would make a difference. Somehow as a part of changing the fluid, the trans started throwing faults and this finally prompted Porsche to agree that a trans replacement was required. Not sure if this was really the faults or if the Dealer Service team just worked harder to convince Porsche this time. Either way, a replacement trans is being shipped from Atlanta and should be in the car later this week. Happy this is covered under CPO warranty (otherwise a $15k+ expense), but this has put some fear in me since this is my first Porsche.
Merry Christmas.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:14 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

Buying a Porsche may include expenses that will take your breath away.

Quick Reply: .2 GTS PDK shifting