VERY SAD STORY

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 03:53 AM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default VERY SAD STORY

I have a very sad Story

last year I was thinking to buy a 997 manual 2, but in Italy are 95% Pdk , so I talk with dealer about a 991 Carrera T , and I say : maybe better so nothing to restore or fix, no big trouble, and seller said me : yes right !!

so I ordered my tailor made Carrera T , come in Mai 18 , in March 19 I bring to the same Porsche Zentrum VERONA ITALIA , cause I left my RayBan Wayfarer on the dash and MAYBE with the sun ( winter season )damaged the look of the PLASTIC DASH ,

the mechanic SOB , said to me : the dash is not a shelf for the objects , I couldn't believe !! they told I was guilty ! ( 9000 Km on tacho and 9 months age car ) a 911 made in Zuffenhausen .....

After a week the Service manager call me and say the dash is not in guarantee , I was the cause of the damage , I ask a mail and to write down , cause I still can not believe .

After a week I call to Porsche AG in Stuttgart , and explain to a customer service , almost 30 minutes of nice calling , very kind guy , tell me no problem with glasses on dash , no prescription on owner manual , we have to fix and we will call VERONA Zentrum to investigate.

Problem VERONA DEALER like many others belong to VW , so no more owner anymore, every body are working in a free team , is no boss just many rules from the factory ! they have to stay in the limit of the rules but are free to do what they want , actually the ex owner sold the dealer and ordered a new 991 Speedster , but is non more in business , before he was listening you and your troubles .

two weeks ago PADOVA PORSCHE ITALIA , main headquarters of Italy , send me a mail , said the same and offer me a Porsche gadget as present , but not cause they are in debit with me ......
I was so mad to call the lady ride away and you can imagine the rest .....

I sent a new mail to all the stuff and managers , the two pigs mechanics ( sorry to all the pigs ) , I wrote , I never ask for a new dash but a technical answer , no one technical told me what was wrong in my 911 , and why , no one reason , to me look just like poor quality or bad plastic chemicals or whatever ..... ( I send again also to PORSCHE AG Germany ) .

I no answer come to me , I will print all the mails and I will drive to the main Factory and I will wait to get a answer , I can not believe today Porsche is so a bad company .

a good friend is Lamborghini mechanic for 25 years , and told me the same, since VolksWagen bought Lamborghini all customers were happy to get more quality , ( he leave and work in Germany ) but was the opposite , Gallardo and Murcelago 1st series very big quality problems whit plastic and leather ,

same was with Ferrari when FIAT bought the brand , they had to wait many years to get better .....

On ebay Germany there many 991 dash for sale , many materials and colours , now I know why ,

The most of the 911 owner selling the car after 16 months here , and many prefer to pay to fix and do not tell around his 911 has a so poor parts in it ( in Italy I mean ) , but know the got a different customer , I will fight till the end .

The seller of my 991 is also very sad ( maybe ) and said I work so much to sell 130K € car and my tam partner at service doing that to loose a customer ( cause I said I will never bring the car back for any need or reason ) , anyway the are happy to sell 3 cars in a month , there mice furnitures , race and Mcqueen posters , AC in Summer , coffe in Winter , all is fine , why solve troubles , peoples still loving Porsche .....

I can see Porsche invest more in videos on utube and marketing than in customer service !!!!! very sad , what next ?

Another friend is German lawyer for Audi and Porsche , told me they have many troubles with Diesel Macan and Cayenne , and the first lot of 500 Porsche 992 must come back for low standard of quality .....

So cut with videos , give a brake to J Icks and all the pilots and start invest in QUALITY !

I'm a daily driver sports car , classic or new is the same , I drive my cars , I think Porsche build cars for the road not for the garage and investors ??!

​​​​​​​take care guys

Popular Reply

06-27-2019, 02:23 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

You know what is a "very sad story"? I just diagnosed advanced metastatic pancreatic cancer on a 52 year old guy, mis-diagnosed somewhere else as pancreatitis.

Keep it in perspective.

All the same I wish you luck.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:19 AM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

dash is like burned and compressed

impossible to fix cause too much light will show every job

the plastic is even harder than orinal

once hot due the sun is more smooth

can the weight of the glasses do that ? or is normal ?

can I accept ?
Old 04-28-2019, 09:19 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

So sorry to hear that...beautiful car though...
Anyway, rather than stressing out with the Porsche/dealer, may be try to source out the dash at one of the junkyards especially from UK? Have you tried putting some leatherique leather care to see if that softens up the leather and it might return to it's original form?
Old 04-28-2019, 12:57 PM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Hi C2 Turbo,

thanks for your words , I yes I'm looking for a spare one but believe me are all in bad condition ( for a new car ) ,
change a trunk is not so easy , so better get a perfect one or mine could be aways better .

the trim is plastic , not leather , due the folding carbon seats and alcantara was not possible to order in different way .

I'm afraid to get in the next summer even more damage and stain , but what made me really mad is the comportment , and they are thinking in the own garage are a kind of gods

If one day I would get all in guarantee I will be much more happy to frame the answer and put in my Garage , change a trunk could be bad in future for noises or others squeaks .

Many friends of me walk in the dealer to ask info were treated like invisibles ( in USA is different at least in LA area ) , but in Italy the snob you , for this reason I wrote a mail to get an appointment to talk and trade , crazy but believe me is so .

and in a Italian dealer if your are lucky you can find no more than 4 or 5 piece of 911 , 2 boxsters , 2 Panameras , 2 Macans ,

a sales man sell maybe 3 cars in a month , so they are no that busy , no 50 cars showroom like in California , maybe for Audi and VW . 3/4 months to get a order car , 12 months for a hybryd one .

In the garage you saw only Macans , maybe 8 , no many 911 , sales man told me 9000 Km on tacho in 9 months is a lot !! ( 5500 miles ) , I said I do not pay 3000 in a year to make my garage happy and the car will loose value anyway , I bought to enjoy till I can .

I still enjoy anytime I can , but I will keep fighting , to get the car as should be ,

in Italy the print a book called " CODICE ETICO " : ETHICAL CODE , if you read it , you will buy Porsche to all the your family and best friends , ok I read , now treat me like a Porsche customer .
Old 05-08-2019, 10:23 AM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Little update , a lawyer contact the dealer , after a consult and the study of the papers , the dealer is in the position to fix the dash , and first to give me a exhaustive answer , now they have a month to write me , I hope in a easy solution !
I prefer to print everything and drive to Stuttgart than bring VW to the court .
In Italy too many peoples cover the own job just due connections and relationships , its time to give a change or our kids will get the same idiots one day ....
The following 2 users liked this post by fabripagio:
duxsi (06-27-2019), scr1244 (02-16-2020)
Old 05-08-2019, 12:57 PM
KenW
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

We hope that ultimately you get the correct product back up and your deserved good service.
We are impressed with your determination to be looked after and, to raise standards for the future!
Old 06-27-2019, 03:59 AM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Hi everybody , short update

yesterday Porsche Italia from Padova called me , the same lady , and guys she was so friendly I could not believe was the same person !

I think my last call to Porsche AG in Bietigheim-Bissingen , generate a kind of hard shampoo to the stuff of Porsche Italia ! she was so friendly to offer me to let see the car to somebody ( suddenly thinks happens, miracles too ) , when before she was so hard with me , and insist I was guilty and an exogenous agent damage the dash !! So I wrote maybe the driver , the rain and the sun are also exogenous agents ...... , crazy . Same answer got also my lawyer ..... , but I do not want to to a war against VW , ( Obama did 1st LOL :-) )

any way now some thing is moving , so I will cross my fingers and will see

to the next update

ciao

P.S. and she is also trying to send me all the issues of Christophorus the never sent me last year , area 51 !!!!!
Old 06-27-2019, 01:49 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

I wish you the best of luck in having this resolved, however I'm not sure how this is a warranty issue. Foreign object on dash got too hot. Porsche didn't manufacture your sun glasses.

I've left items on the dash of various vehicles, and even here in Canada, they can literally get scalding hot.

I think the issue is the 911 dash material is a bit softer and not as brittle as the typical plastic found in most cars, so it's going to be easier to damage, too.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:57 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

Sorry..I am with original dealership on this one. That's not a manufacturing defect. That's owner damage.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:04 PM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Hi Koala

yes , you R right , but I had the Issue in last week of Februar / 1st week of March , and in Italy was maybe 20° Celsius , so warm enough to damage a bar of chocolate ..... , I now in summer is different , but Porsche AG , said must be no problem , " we test our cars in Death Valley and Dubai for this reason "

And I'm almost sure the plastic dash material of the 991 is 100% the same as the Golf , Skoda , Audi , and all the other cars of the group , I have more VW , and a Multivan with big dash , always full of objects also in summer , no issue at all ,

I think the dash in the 991 as some chemicals reactions und the skin , I 'm not sure but I think Porsche is able to discover it .....

ciao
Old 06-27-2019, 02:05 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,055 Likes on 531 Posts

That looks so minor. I would put a HOT HOT steamy wash cloth on it for a few minutes. It will warm it up and most likely flatten that out. I've done this to leather many times to fix my childs car seat marks in the leather.

EDIT: Just realized the OP said its a burn like mark. = (
Old 06-27-2019, 02:07 PM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

yes , but how ?

also many engines of a GT3 caught fire when the owners were driving , and they got the cars with no fire in it .....

If I turn on the radio with bad ground and broke down, I have to be guilty ?? come on please
Old 06-27-2019, 02:07 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fabripagio
Hi Koala

yes , you R right , but I had the Issue in last week of Februar / 1st week of March , and in Italy was maybe 20° Celsius , so warm enough to damage a bar of chocolate ..... , I now in summer is different , but Porsche AG , said must be no problem , " we test our cars in Death Valley and Dubai for this reason "

And I'm almost sure the plastic dash material of the 991 is 100% the same as the Golf , Skoda , Audi , and all the other cars of the group , I have more VW , and a Multivan with big dash , always full of objects also in summer , no issue at all ,

I think the dash in the 991 as some chemicals reactions und the skin , I 'm not sure but I think Porsche is able to discover it .....

ciao
The dash material on my Golf R is not the same as my 911, that I know for sure.

If the hot sun damaged your dash without any foreign objects on it, I'd be the first person screaming for a warranty replacement. Porsche can't take responsibility for leaving something on there that causes some unknown chain of events to transpire.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:08 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fabripagio
yes , but how ?

also many engines of a GT3 caught fire when the owners were driving , and they got the cars with no fire in it .....

If I turn on the radio with bad ground and broke down, I have to be guilty ?? come on please
Their engines didn't have Rayban sunglasses on them when they caught fire.
The following 2 users liked this post by koala:
Dewinator (02-18-2020), PiB993 (02-17-2020)
Old 06-27-2019, 02:11 PM
fabripagio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
That looks so minor. I would put a HOT HOT steamy wash cloth on it for a few minutes. It will warm it up and most likely flatten that out. I've done this to leather many times to fix my childs car seat marks in the leather.

EDIT: Just realized the OP said its a burn like mark. = (
Hi ,

thanks but is not leather , is plastic , looks like melted und the skin , dropped down and got hard

Quick Reply: VERY SAD STORY