Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless Apple CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Ccarrieta
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a video of android auto working unfortunately since google has only enabled wireless for pixel phones I have not been able to try this wireless, but should know if it works wireless tomorrow..
Old 06-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Ccarrieta
Track Day

Here is another video showing the main android box interface
Old 06-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,126 Likes on 673 Posts

Thanks for the info. Very cool. According to website, you need to remove PCM and do some plugins. Also, it is a standalone systems so it is not just a mirror system to your phone. A bit pricey, but seems you get a lot for the money.

Ccarreta - you say that you are trying to get wireless by using the dongle. I am a little confused since the website says it is a standalone system so why do you need the wireless dongle?

Seriously thinking about it.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:33 PM
SDK Autos
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 34 Posts

Tank you for the great videos.

If anyone would like more information about running Android, Android Auto or Apple CarPlay on the Porsche PCM head on over to SdkAutos.com or email us at Support@sdkautos.com and we will be happy to assist.

Scott
Old 06-20-2019, 07:43 PM
Ccarrieta
Track Day

Sorry for the confusion.. the system is stand alone it can run all apps an android tablet can run... I purchased the dongle only as a "proof of concept" where I could have wireless CarPlay/ANdroid auto if I wanted to.. Carplay and Android auto offer a nice interface that easy to navigate.. This can also be achieved by using the sdkauto system as a standalone unit.. You do need to remove the PCM the unit comes with all the cables you need.. the auto installer I used was able to do the work in under 1 hr. I added a 256 gig SD card for storage and 3 usb extension cables that are now in the glovebox so I can add usb drives ect... It also has HDMI in to plugin any video source you want. It is pricey but if you want to add functionality to the limited Porsche PCM its this or major surgery changing the head unit and the amp.. No regrets happy with the end result : )

Quick Reply: Wireless Apple CarPlay