Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voice Control?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019 | 10:57 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Default Voice Control?

I was testing the voice control yesterday in the garage and could not get it to work
i had deactivated par assist
it can saying voice command not available?

searched the manual and net, couldn’t figure it out.

any one got a short explanation

its snowing again
Old 03-01-2019 | 12:05 PM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
I was testing the voice control yesterday in the garage and could not get it to work
i had deactivated par assist
it can saying voice command not available?

searched the manual and net, couldn’t figure it out.

any one got a short explanation

its snowing again
Use Apple CArPlay. :-)
Old 03-01-2019 | 12:36 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good2go
Use Apple CArPlay. :-)
Same here, any other solutions?
Old 03-01-2019 | 12:51 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

I'm assuming that you know your car is actually equipped with the voice control option. As I recall, you have to check that box when you order the car, or it won't work. Has it ever worked for you, or are you trying it for the first time?
Old 03-01-2019 | 01:22 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I'm assuming that you know your car is actually equipped with the voice control option. As I recall, you have to check that box when you order the car, or it won't work. Has it ever worked for you, or are you trying it for the first time?
In my case no, it has never worked. I've only had the car for 3 months. I just assumed that since it has the voice button it has the option. Just checked my build sheet and there is no QH1 option which is a $0 cost upgrade. Whoever ordered the car F'd up.
Old 03-01-2019 | 01:56 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Mine is equiped with voice control, at least its on the build sheet
no iphone.
Old 03-01-2019 | 01:58 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Mine is equiped with voice control, at least its on the build sheet
no iphone.
Same here, ordered the car with Voice Control but I do not have a I Phone or Smart Phone...have not been able to get it to work so don't feel bad. It still bugs me once in a while even though it was free.
Old 03-01-2019 | 02:10 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

I do have an Iphone, does that mean I can use voice control some how? If yes how? I have used Carplay a coupe times but usually don't, just BT.
Old 03-01-2019 | 03:35 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

I m sitting in the car right now downloading map update, and trying eveything at it says not currently available. I just spoke to my SA, he is going to check with service. He said on 2018 P deactivated it via sw update as it wasn’t working right but brought it back in 2019. Who knows.

Old 03-01-2019 | 03:47 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

1 min after posting it started working. I turned on and off park assist couple of times. It had something to do with park assist.
any way its working now, too bad there is not learning mode for the system like on my mercedes which it lets you repeat pre-identified number of commands to learn

any one another one checked off

Old 03-01-2019 | 03:54 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Old 03-01-2019 | 08:32 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GKGEIGER
In my case no, it has never worked. I've only had the car for 3 months. I just assumed that since it has the voice button it has the option. Just checked my build sheet and there is no QH1 option which is a $0 cost upgrade. Whoever ordered the car F'd up.
You don't need voice control if you are using Apple Carplay.
Old 03-03-2019 | 12:28 PM
saundebn
Instructor

At first, I thought VC wasn't working beause every time I pushed the button all I ever got was a "No CarPlay" error message. It turns out that I was holding the button too long, rather than the short push needed to differentiate between VC and CarPlay triggering. Once I figured that out, VC has been very useful at playing back text messages received while I am driving. I find that it is best to push the button (briefly) and wait patiently for the tone indicating that the system is ready for the command, then speak the command, e.g. "Read out text message" … after another short delay, presumed the time needed to extract the message from the phone, the car speaks out the message nicely followed by asking if I want to listen to any of the older messages, to which I answer "No thank you" and the car then confirms with an "OK" (and returns to playing media). I haven't really tried it for anything else.
Old 03-03-2019 | 12:47 PM
minthral
Pro

My button does same thing, however if you hold it with iphone connected it uses Siri prompt. If there is no car play/ iphone connected it says not available even though car has option on build sheet. I haven't bothered with it because I just use apple car play anyway.

Curious if anyone knows if PCM version can be updated using data connection or it must be via dealer? Is the update option just maps? I asked dealer and they gave the same nonsense 'we only update if there is a campaign/ recall.' Sometimes my phone isn't recognized or it is, but car play apps don't work (grey box in spotify etc). Sometimes sound is coming from iphone speaker even though its connected and clearly visible on screen. Unplug and re plug fixes.

Quick Reply: Voice Control?