Tweeter install help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 12:44 AM
J**2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tweeter install help

Hey I need some help.
I bought a tweeter upgrade kit for my 991.2 began to install it today. Removed the cover and removed the cheap made in China tweeter.

Now to to remove the terminal connector from the tweeter and plug it into new tweeter. Clip wouldn’t budge. Worked for 30 min. Finally accidentally broke the connector.

I suspect i need need a new connector. Tried looking up online found hundreds of connectors.

Yes i I know I’m a idiot. Is this just a standard audio connector or do I have to visit the dealer ?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:32 AM
keithgreer
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Which system do you have? I believe they are all different. At least the Burmester and Bose are different. I just installed my new front tweeters from Musicar and those clips are a bitch. The trick is you have to get a tiny screwdriver between the male piece and the female piece on the side that has a little open square. There is a clip that holds it. If you pry away gently the female end then it will come out.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:01 AM
J**2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by keithgreer
Which system do you have? I believe they are all different. At least the Burmester and Bose are different. I just installed my new front tweeters from Musicar and those clips are a bitch. The trick is you have to get a tiny screwdriver between the male piece and the female piece on the side that has a little open square. There is a clip that holds it. If you pry away gently the female end then it will come out.
I have the Bose system. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:25 PM
Cman21
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J**2
Hey I need some help.
I bought a tweeter upgrade kit for my 991.2 began to install it today. Removed the cover and removed the cheap made in China tweeter.

Now to to remove the terminal connector from the tweeter and plug it into new tweeter. Clip wouldn’t budge. Worked for 30 min. Finally accidentally broke the connector.

I suspect i need need a new connector. Tried looking up online found hundreds of connectors.

Yes i I know I’m a idiot. Is this just a standard audio connector or do I have to visit the dealer ?
Call Musicar and talk to Nick he can help with the connector you need.
Cman21
Old 02-25-2019, 04:53 PM
mymac
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't you use a crimp-on spade connector?
Old 02-26-2019, 04:17 AM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's a bose tweeter connector then this BMW one is an exact fit https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-OEM-Spe...item26011fed9f
Old 02-26-2019, 11:32 AM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

As Ccar said give Nick a call (Oregon)..... he will save you time and will be done right. He’s a great guy and has been a lot of help to several of us.

Quick Reply: Tweeter install help