Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird issue - car forgot my garage opener code?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 11:21 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Haliax
This is the same in my Carrera T. My Homelink seems to have no problem opening the garage door, but it is very temperamental closing the garage door when I leave in the morning.

I too have a manual remote on the sun visor and have to use it quite often.

Hmm, I have the opposite. Closing the door is very reliable. Opening the door is fussy, and sometimes I have to pull very close for the opener to work.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:55 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

I could never get the LiftMaster to work with my cars. Works once and that’s it.

Installled the LiftMaster with MyQ instead and I use my LiftMaster App on my phone. Works on gate and garage door and every time. No extra opener required as back up except when internet goes out. Wish Apple would add it to CarPlay.

I also needed an opener with back up battery as I only have one entry point which is the garage door. So prior to new opener, if power outage I could not get into my garage.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:09 PM
jstdenis
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Purchased 2014 911 last June and programed Homelink using a single port(leftmost I think). Kept failing every week or so. Decided to program all ports. After a couple weeks one port failed, started using the other two ports and a second failed shortly thereafter. The center port seems reliable; no issues for 10-12 weeks until late October when I put the car on a tender and left for fairer climes. By the way, had a 2011 MB for three years with no issues and still have a 2007 Hyundai that has never required a reprogram since new!!
Old 02-16-2019, 04:18 PM
Gibsomd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are any of you having issues using LED lamps in the garage? (Like for the opener itself?). They had mine acting weird...
Old 02-16-2019, 04:22 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Not sure if it is car's homelink issue or a garage door opener control issue.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

These problems are signal reception issues by the garage door opener, not an issue with the signal generator inside the grille of the car.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:19 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

I’ve had issues where I had to move 30 feet down the driveway before I could get the open garage door to close. Same area of the driveway caused a fail to start because the car couldn’t communicate with the key. This happened to an older car (not Porsche) with a chip in the ignition key. All this I attribute to electrical interference.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibsomd
Are any of you having issues using LED lamps in the garage? (Like for the opener itself?). They had mine acting weird...
I've heard about this. Tell us more please.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

I had this happen. Turns out I was in the wrong driveway. Long night, I don’t remember most of it.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:35 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I haven’t programmed the rolling code yet on the 911 homelink yet. I tried the regular programming per instructions and it did nothing.
i did program on my MB C300 and it works flawlesly from like 100ft as I approach the garage always surprised by the range.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:31 PM
mfonseca
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Mine only works if I am outside of the garage. If I am inside the garage I need the remote to open/close the garage. My previous Audi had the same issue.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine works great on the fifth Friday of even months. Otherwise it sucks. Bought another remote but with no cubby for it or the phone they all live in the passenger seat and get thrown into the floor every trip..... The interior ergonomics of this 911 is just as bad as the Homelink.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:23 PM
Gibsomd

Please delete
Old 02-18-2019, 03:25 PM
Gibsomd

Originally Posted by LexVan
I've heard about this. Tell us more please.
I finally put 2+2 together after replacing the bulbs on my two ~12 year old Liftmaster Pro openers...

I began to have very erratic operation of my opener; I'd reprogram the car's Homelink, and it'd open fine (and just to head-fake me, it'd close initially too); but invariably, at 5:45 AM leaving for work, it wouldn't close. Pulling back up in the evening...it'd open. Even my dedicated remotes lost their ability to close the doors. Searching Google, I found that some LED bulbs apparently interfere with the reception on garage door openers; I even had cross-talk between the bulbs/openers as well (a light remaining 'on' at one opener would mess with the other opener next to it in the garage).

Sure enough, I removed the bulbs and things returned to normal. But, rather than experiment further, I just decided to just replace the damn things and it's been smooth sailing since (and the new ones have genuine Genie-approved LED bulbs).
Old 02-19-2019, 12:41 AM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibsomd
I finally put 2+2 together after replacing the bulbs on my two ~12 year old Liftmaster Pro openers...

I began to have very erratic operation of my opener; I'd reprogram the car's Homelink, and it'd open fine (and just to head-fake me, it'd close initially too); but invariably, at 5:45 AM leaving for work, it wouldn't close. Pulling back up in the evening...it'd open. Even my dedicated remotes lost their ability to close the doors. Searching Google, I found that some LED bulbs apparently interfere with the reception on garage door openers; I even had cross-talk between the bulbs/openers as well (a light remaining 'on' at one opener would mess with the other opener next to it in the garage).

Sure enough, I removed the bulbs and things returned to normal. But, rather than experiment further, I just decided to just replace the damn things and it's been smooth sailing since (and the new ones have genuine Genie-approved LED bulbs).
This is interesting. I have the infrequent issue with the garage opener as well. No rime or reason of why it will or won't work. But this could be it. Time to experiment with bulbs to see.

-TJ

Quick Reply: Weird issue - car forgot my garage opener code?