Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline Grill cover question (991.2 C4 Cab.)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 686 Posts
Default Rennline Grill cover question (991.2 C4 Cab.)

I'm a little confused. On Rennline, the choices include "with parking sensors" and "no parking sensors". But front parking sensors are standard on the 2019s according to Porsche's site.
Anyone know if there's an actual difference? My car is inbound and will have the front bumper off for the ALP install, so I would like to drop ship the front grill covers to the dealer and get them on before any damage is done to the radiators.
Any help appreciated.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:26 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

The Rennline covers only works on the Sport Design bumper, ie you should have 5 holes in front (See GTS vs Base or S w standard bumper). So unless you Optioned the Sport design bumper, you can't use them even though the website list them as an option to purchase. The parking sensor is for the 991.1 which had the sensor up in the corner. Rennline need to update their website.

Recommend you call and ask before ordering.

Other solution;
1. make your own as some have done here.
2. Use black furnace return filter (coarse type) and stuff inside and cover the radiator. Wont stop debris but will prevent damage to the radiators.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
The Rennline covers only works on the Sport Design bumper, ie you should have 5 holes in front (See GTS vs Base or S w standard bumper). So unless you Optioned the Sport design bumper, you can't use them even though the website list them as an option to purchase. The parking sensor is for the 991.1 which had the sensor up in the corner. Rennline need to update their website.

Recommend you call and ask before ordering.

Other solution;
1. make your own as some have done here.
2. Use black furnace return filter (coarse type) and stuff inside and cover the radiator. Wont stop debris but will prevent damage to the radiators.
Thanks. I did call and the answer was ambiguous; I thought I would get better information here.
That's unfortunate, especially since the 991.2 has been out for so long it's at the end of its run and they haven't updated their site.
Does anyone know if Zunsports fit the base C4 fronts?

Quick Reply: Rennline Grill cover question (991.2 C4 Cab.)