Sponsored by:

Track Precision App

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Track Precision App

I’ve been searching here, YouTube and the owners manual on how to connect the Track Precision App. It seems like a SIM card and WiFi connection is required. Has anyone used the App and have pointers on connecting and using the app? Thanks.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:11 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

If you install the app, at the upper right is a car icon. if you tap that, it sends you to the vehicle connection screen. At the upper right of that is a "?" that takes you to a help screen with detailed instructions on how to connect based upon the generation of the car. Maybe you have already seen that? There are other FAQs too that may help answer your questions. I installed the App a while back and experimented with firing it up but haven't really used it.

I know a WiFi hotspot connection is required but its not clear to me if the hotspot can be enabled without Porsche Connect and data service. I have that so I have the hotspot and a SIM with data services, so I don't know if it would be disabled when my service expires. I would think if you could bring up the hotspot in your car without the data, you'd be able to connect to the app. To do that, if it will work (in a 991.2):

Press Phone on the PCM, then press Opt. Then select Set Phone. Then select WiFi settings. You can see if that will work at all without data services. If that works, you can install the app and see if you can connect to it by connecting your phone to the car's hotspot.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts

I am starting to think you need a subscription to Porsche Connect/ WiFi capability in order to use the Track App. I had the Porsche connect for several months free in my previous 718 Cayman, but didn’t think it was worth it. I will try connecting my iPhone to the WiFi , but I doubt my car has the ability to create a hotspot.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:34 PM
Daniel Adanski
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guaji
I am starting to think you need a subscription to Porsche Connect/ WiFi capability in order to use the Track App. I had the Porsche connect for several months free in my previous 718 Cayman, but didn’t think it was worth it. I will try connecting my iPhone to the WiFi , but I doubt my car has the ability to create a hotspot.
Thanks a lot for your responses, guys. I just don’t get the signal. I’ve tried resetting my phone restarted both my phone and the car a number of times and nothing is happening. Don’t get any wifi Ssid to connect to. So dealership is the only route?

Quick Reply: Track Precision App