Hello. Moving to the 991 forum. - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991
Sponsored by:

Hello. Moving to the 991 forum.

 
Old 01-14-2019, 11:43 AM
  #16  
GTOWN83
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oakdale, CA
Posts: 213
Default

Welcome. I moved from the 996 forum.
GTOWN83 is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 12:34 PM
  #17  
shammerman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
shammerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 768
Default

Welcome - I am too an ex 997.2 (C4S) owner and have now enjoyed my 2015 Targa for close to two years and 17,000 or so miles. You will love your new car - can't wait to see pictures!
shammerman is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 12:14 AM
  #18  
Fbrooksr
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Fbrooksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 96
Default Took delivery today!

Picked up the '19 Night Blue Metallic PDK Targa 4S this morning. Spent most of the morning riding around getting used to the PDK as my 997.2 was MT. Tomorrow will be northern MD-southern PA countryside! My wife's and my initial thoughts about the car are below:
  • The color is deeper than we expected. We both love it. Strongly considering coating it to preserve the finish. The metallic is outstanding.
  • The cabin is much roomier than the 997.2. Very comfortable. Thigh room is huge.
  • There is definitely turbo lag, but who the heck cares! This thing is a rocket ship! Holy smoke, does it kick you in the seat in Sport+.
  • The PDK shifts fast! Very fast! Lightning fast! With a solid feel! Love it! Though I continually reach for the clutch pedal when I come to an intersection. Funny.
  • It was in the 30's most if not all of today. We had the top down, windows up and heater going... I was asked to put the top up. Oh well. Tomorrow scarves around the necks! No real buffeting, but I am used to some as I had convertibles most of my life, so maybe I'm immune.
Pictures below:

Didn't want to shut it off!

Walking around it while on our parking pad.

Up and own, up and down...

Do I recommend the 991.2 Targa 4S? Oh Hell yes!

Better pics tomorrow. By the way, the side markers are clear. They are just lit up in the pic. Thanks for the earlier welcome. Hope I can live up to the mark set by those already in the string!
Fbrooksr is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 12:24 AM
  #19  
Fbrooksr
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Fbrooksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by Psorcery View Post
Welcome, you bought a wicked car in a wicked color.

The difference in car will blow you away.
Psorcery - you couldn't have been more right. Had fun with a Mustang GT, and Volvo Crossover something that thought he was hot stuff, and a VW TDI this afternoon after dropping off my more responsible partner. Wicked!
Fbrooksr is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 04:39 PM
  #20  
go.illini
User
 
go.illini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: central IL
Posts: 515
Default

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
Picked up the '19 Night Blue Metallic PDK Targa 4S this morning. Spent most of the morning riding around getting used to the PDK as my 997.2 was MT. Tomorrow will be northern MD-southern PA countryside! My wife's and my initial thoughts about the car are below:
  • The color is deeper than we expected. We both love it. Strongly considering coating it to preserve the finish. The metallic is outstanding.
  • The cabin is much roomier than the 997.2. Very comfortable. Thigh room is huge.
  • There is definitely turbo lag, but who the heck cares! This thing is a rocket ship! Holy smoke, does it kick you in the seat in Sport+.
  • The PDK shifts fast! Very fast! Lightning fast! With a solid feel! Love it! Though I continually reach for the clutch pedal when I come to an intersection. Funny.
  • It was in the 30's most if not all of today. We had the top down, windows up and heater going... I was asked to put the top up. Oh well. Tomorrow scarves around the necks! No real buffeting, but I am used to some as I had convertibles most of my life, so maybe I'm immune.
Stunning. Nice car. Enjoy it!
go.illini is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 05:20 PM
  #21  
masti99
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 774
Default

Congrats, enjoy in good health!
masti99 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:13 PM
  #22  
Fbrooksr
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Fbrooksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 96
Default Thanks! Ceramic Coating and Expel This Weekend

Thanks for the great welcome to this forum.

We have great cars! The PDK is awesome! I'm still reaching for the shifter at intersections, but that will end with time.

Took the Pcar to Perfection Detail in Fallston, MD today for SB3 Alpha ceramic coating after the requisite paint work, Xpel clear bra as well. A week's worth of work. I pick it up next Saturday and more pictures then. Can't wait!
Fbrooksr is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:40 PM
  #23  
bkrantz
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bkrantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SW Colorado
Posts: 2,430
Default

Beautiful car-congrats!

But you really should have kept the 997, and then gone back through all the 991 series to collect a complete Targa set.
bkrantz is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:42 PM
  #24  
superdog
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 51
Default

Beautiful. Huge congrats.

Im receiving something super similar in March. Gonna be a long wait.

Enjoy the magnifcent machine you’ve got there.
superdog is online now  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:17 PM
  #25  
Fbrooksr
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Fbrooksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by bkrantz View Post
Beautiful car-congrats!

But you really should have kept the 997, and then gone back through all the 991 series to collect a complete Targa set.
Had I an unlimited budget... had I place to keep them... had I the patience to chose which one to drive that day (or, night)... had I... ok, had I a wife that didn't take great umbrage with the time I spend with my single Porsche!
Fbrooksr is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:23 PM
  #26  
Fbrooksr
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Fbrooksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 96
Default Immeasurably better

Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Beautiful. Huge congrats.

Im receiving something super similar in March. Gonna be a long wait.

Enjoy the magnifcent machine you’ve got there.
Thanks! Porsche has a winner here. Just enough creature comfort. More than enough power. And, plenty of "guy entertainment " stuff in the robotic top! My wife and I saw our first 991.1 Targa in NYC and she knew by the drool there was one in our future. One and a half years later... she was right!
Fbrooksr is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:54 PM
  #27  
Zeus993
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,422
Default

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr View Post
Jeez guys, lighten up! I'm about to have a heart attack now... even without the positive comparisons to the 997. LoL!

I've been looking for something for about 6 months, and finally pulled the trigger. Now I gotta wait for truck delivery. Probably Thursday. Maybe Friday. It's killing me! Requested pictures coming soon as I sit in the seat. Thanks for the welcome notes.
I feel your pain! I'm coming from two 997.1's (C2S and TTcab), 987.2 Spyders, a 981 Cayman and a 993 into a soon to be built Carrera T and I'm slightly nervous about the size! So thanks for everyone else's comments - whew - I fell relieved!

And welcome to the 991 Forum with a beautiful Night Blue Metallic Targa. I also owned a Macan GTS in that and it was STUNNING.
Zeus993 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:59 PM
  #28  
NJRon
User
 
NJRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NJ
Posts: 23
Default

Beautiful!!
NJRon is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 04:20 PM
  #29  
gripshifter
User
 
gripshifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 104
Default

Beautiful Targa, congratulations! I also came from a 997 2S, then a 991.1 2S to a Targa 4S.
gripshifter is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:43 PM
  #30  
flgfish
User
 
flgfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 140
Default

Beautiful car. Love the Turbo wheels on it. Congratulations.

edit: The more I look at them, I realize they're different than the Turbo wheels I was thinking of, but very similar... still sweet!
flgfish is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: