Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heading out tomorrow morning for a CT scan...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 12:22 AM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

ha ha, that’s no stripper T. Nice spec tho. I think I’ve seen that somewhere before? SS? But, LWBS for the win.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:26 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 218 Posts

Zeus, just looked at your build. First you picked the best color for the T, ask my how I know :-). And it’s the lightest weight color with no pigment!

Love the spec but I was thinking mine was built too high at $124k. Be careful about over building the car as you may get hurt at the time of resale as you’re now in high end Carrera S and low end GTS price range.

Personally I don’t see the need for the brake upgrade. The Carrera brakes on my T are amazing on the street and could easily handle a light track workout. Same brakes that Porsche now puts on the Cayman GTS. Now, if your planning to really track the car hard then go for the PCCB’s. I also like the monochromatic look of the grey wheels, grey brake calipers and the grey mirrors. Makes the T look amazing!

Good luck and push for a strong discount.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:27 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Personally I don’t see the need for the brake upgrade. The Carrera brakes on my T are amazing on the street and could easily handle a light track workout. Same brakes that Porsche now puts on the Cayman GTS. Now, if your planning to really track the car hard then go for the PCCB’s. I also like the monochromatic look of the grey wheels, grey brake calipers and the grey mirrors. Makes the T look amazing!
Wow, that’s the opposite of what most people would advise. Get the ceramics for a lifetime of stop-on-a-dime breaking with no dust for road driving. Very costly to replace for hard tracking.

As an aside, the huge speed-yellow PCCB calipers are mouth-watering to look at.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:26 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

I'm your huckleberry...

I built and drive a similar car, with a couple exceptions. Looks great! If it we're me...

Forget the Bose. Just some extra weight, and the base setup is fine. There when you need it, off when you don't.
Keep the PCCBs. If you are planning to heavily track the car, you're buying the wrong one. Otherwise, as said, these are lifetime brakes and will blow you away. Yes, the 9k sucks to fork out, but when you do, they will improve your driving and confidence. They are that good on these lighter cars. Ton of for and against arguments, honestly the cars are so well engineered, the extra 40 lbs of unsprung weight and inertia doesn't seem like a lot, but it's there (or not there, with PCCB) and makes an impact. You can't defy physics, but spec'd right, these cars make you feel like you can
Keep the Sport wheels. Because they make your car look different than mine, and I don't want to share! Seriously, they look great. Especially with the yellow calipers.
Keep the PDLS and black Bi-Xes. The standard lights are a different silver, and it is yet another color on the car, different than the Agate and Titanium. Plenty of black on it already, and it's a win-win. The LEDs would be nice but you're already up in Cyberbug territory on price as it is!
Keep the RAS. In fact, if I could only keep one option on my car, it would be that. Everything else are just levels of improvement. RAS, coupled with the mLSD and PTV, is it's own thing. Either you get it, or you don't.

Good luck in your hunt!

Old 01-09-2019, 11:41 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Thanks guys. Latest build - nixed the BOSE and the White instrument dials. The interior looks calmer, simpler now to me. Kept the Porsche Entry & Drive but am debating it. Do I really need that? What's the big deal of pushing a button, opening the door, and inserting the key into the ignition. So it seems like a $1250 gimick.http://www.porsche-code.com/PKUB9X10
Old 01-10-2019, 12:12 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Thanks guys. Latest build - nixed the BOSE and the White instrument dials. The interior looks calmer, simpler now to me. Kept the Porsche Entry & Drive but am debating it. Do I really need that? What's the big deal of pushing a button, opening the door, and inserting the key into the ignition. So it seems like a $1250 gimick.http://www.porsche-code.com/PKUB9X10
If it was a button, maybe with remote start then I might have considered it. But it still looks like a key, still same twisting motion etc. Then where do you put the key? Typically it's in my pants pocket jabbing my thigh. All reasons why I chose not to get that option.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:32 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 218 Posts

Personally I am a fan of the dials in white. However you do loose the Carrera T lettering on the Tach. They look great on a white exterior Carrera.

Agree on the entry and drive as i as I do like the analog experience of inserting the key to start the car (keeping in mind you can remove the dummy key) but what sold me was being able to simply hover my hand close to the front trunk to open the lid without reaching for the keys.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:44 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

There are several white Ts available Nationwide and there appears to be one in Atlanta that's a Manual, with PCCBs, and LWBs. I'm happy to go look at it for you if you'd like this weekend, if it's available. Maybe your local dealer could transfer it.

As for Entry and Drive, I have it in the Macan. It has advantages, but I prefer to skip it in the cars. Neither the GT4 not the 718 have it. Definitely a personal preference thing, but I don't think you'll regret not getting it.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Even leaner. Dumped the Bose and the Entry & Drive. Ticks all the right boxes IMO.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKJFG1I8

Likin' it...
$143,500 CND / $108,409 USD

Last edited by Zeus993; 01-11-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:43 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Thats a $126K build in the US, conversion rates are in your favor, Great Car!

Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Randy M
Drifting

The chrono package does nothing on the T either.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 AM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

I have Entry & Drive on my T and love it. I hate having to get the key out to lock and unlock the car and being able to just reach for the handle and have it unlock is great.

I also don't like having the keys on my keychain swaying around and making noise like they would do if I had to insert the traditional key in to start the car.

Have you spent much time in the LWBS? I haven't myself, but have heard they can be a PITA getting out of and only have manual adjustments. One video from The Straight Pipes guys on YouTube was hilarious when they used some tape on the center console as a reference point to move the seat back into the correct driving position each time.

I totally agree on the Bose delete. I have one in mine and it doesn't sound that great especially with the sound of the engine competing with it. I have ended up completely turning the PCM off and now never have the Bose on at all. I also agree on the sunroof delete and Sport wheels. I love the retro Fuchs style of those wheels and they are way easier to clean.

IMO the money for the tinted taillights is a waste. As I understand it, all you get is the little sliver in between the red plastic of the lights tinted darker. The PDLS is worth the money though. My car has it and it's great! My interior also has the silver accents instead of the red in yours. I found that the red is harder to see in the stripes on the seats vs the silver. Also be aware that the standard black plastic trim is a dust magnet. You can option leather instead at no cost like BA73 did.

Any way you configure it, the fact is that the T is an amazing package. You will LOVE it!
Old 01-11-2019, 05:10 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I am tall, fat, and decrepit and can entry and egress fine from LWB. But, you have to give them the butt test and try them for yourself. IMHO, the LWB option is the biggest draw of the T. They really make the car feel different.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
If it was a button, maybe with remote start then I might have considered it. But it still looks like a key, still same twisting motion etc. Then where do you put the key? Typically it's in my pants pocket jabbing my thigh. All reasons why I chose not to get that option.
Agreed. Entry & Drive now ditched from the latest build.

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Personally I am a fan of the dials in white. However you do loose the Carrera T lettering on the Tach. They look great on a white exterior Carrera.

Agree on the entry and drive as i as I do like the analog experience of inserting the key to start the car (keeping in mind you can remove the dummy key) but what sold me was being able to simply hover my hand close to the front trunk to open the lid without reaching for the keys.
I've played with this option back and forth on the configurator. I've had an 06 C2S and an 08 TT cab, both with white dials, so I know what you mean. But I keep going back to how clean and simple in interior looks with the black dial. Ahhh... the choices Porsche offers us.

Originally Posted by iammacey
There are several white Ts available Nationwide and there appears to be one in Atlanta that's a Manual, with PCCBs, and LWBs. I'm happy to go look at it for you if you'd like this weekend, if it's available. Maybe your local dealer could transfer it.

As for Entry and Drive, I have it in the Macan. It has advantages, but I prefer to skip it in the cars. Neither the GT4 not the 718 have it. Definitely a personal preference thing, but I don't think you'll regret not getting it.
Thanks for the offer. The problem immediately hits me is the exchange rate on the USD to CND. It's a killer. So with import duties and taxes added onto a US car imported into Canada the finances just don't work. They DID work back in 2006 and times have changed and now it back sense to go the other way - a Canadian car into the US.

Originally Posted by Randy M
The chrono package does nothing on the T either.
It doesn't sharpen the engive response? Give that extra little boost?

Originally Posted by Haliax
I have Entry & Drive on my T and love it. I hate having to get the key out to lock and unlock the car and being able to just reach for the handle and have it unlock is great.

I also don't like having the keys on my keychain swaying around and making noise like they would do if I had to insert the traditional key in to start the car.

Have you spent much time in the LWBS? I haven't myself but have heard they can be a PITA getting out of and only have manual adjustments. One video from The Straight Pipes guys on YouTube was hilarious when they used some tape on the centre console as a reference point to move the seat back into the correct driving position each time.

I totally agree on the Bose delete. I have one in mine and it doesn't sound that great especially with the sound of the engine competing with it. I have ended up completely turning the PCM off and now never have the Bose on at all. I also agree on the sunroof delete and Sport wheels. I love the retro Fuchs style of those wheels and they are way easier to clean.

IMO the money for the tinted taillights is a waste. As I understand it, all you get is the little sliver in between the red plastic of the lights tinted darker. The PDLS is worth the money though. My car has it and it's great! My interior also has the silver accents instead of the red in yours. I found that the red is harder to see in the stripes on the seats vs the silver. Also be aware that the standard black plastic trim is a dust magnet. You can option leather instead at no cost like BA73 did.

Any way you configure it, the fact is that the T is an amazing package. You will LOVE it!
Awesome. Thanks for your thoughts. I've played now with the leather accent option. I have seen the standard piano black in person and I like it - adds a nice touch to the interior. But FREE leather trim? Is Porsche out of their mind? I may just re-consider this!

Originally Posted by evilfij
I am tall, fat, and decrepit and can entry and egress fine from LWB. But, you have to give them the butt test and try them for yourself. IMHO, the LWB option is the biggest draw of the T. They really make the car feel different.
I agree 100%. I've got LWBS in my Gen-1 Spyder and they are a bit of work to drop into. But once in they are so incredibly good. The new LWBS, coming in the T's, are slightly larger and easier to get into. And I agree, these with the RAS and the light weight glass are what make this 911 iteration so special.

Last edited by Zeus993; 01-11-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zeus993
It doesn't sharpen the engive response? Give that extra little boost?
Not on the T. The Chrono pkg puts the clock wart on the dash and gives you the Porsche Track Precision app. My non Chrono T still has the dial on the steering wheel for Normal, Sport, Sport + and Individual settings.

Quick Reply: Heading out tomorrow morning for a CT scan...