Sponsored by:

Ceramic Pro - failure?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by CCDD
It appears that most of the skeptics, including myself, live in areas of the country that see the harshest of weather conditions. Those that are fortunate enough to live in the SW or in FL don't have nearly the same adverse conditions that the rest of us face. I formerly resided in Southern CA where vehicles needed cleaning far less often and could easily be rinsed off with little to no effort, this was long before ceramic coatings and other similar products were even available.
Yeah, no. Many of us have multiple cars, some coated and some not, so it's easy to tell the difference. The coated cars stay much cleaner and are much easier to clean and keep safe from marks. The best feature of OptiCoat is that the water sheets right off, so I can dry the car with a blower and rarely have to touch it with a microfiber cloth. My CQuartz car doesn't sheet at all. It's just awful. I have to towel the whole car.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry

the one part from your routine that concerns me is ONR...I don’t believe that is compatible with any nano product as it contains polymers or a gloss enhancer. I’m not 100% sure, so you’ll have to research that.

If it does contain any “waxes” or gloss enhancers, then it’s clogging the nano coating. Same goes for your soaps...there are many great soaps out there, but that doesn’t mean they’re nano-compatible...make sure you verify that.

and to clarify....nano isn’t washed off by any chemical, at least a quality nano products applied correctly...nano is removed via friction...polishing off or years of washing and/or wiping.

hope this helps.

i understand your frustration, but want you to be well-informed and educated before going to the installer and making a claim.
Appreciate the info. According to ONR, it has no ill effect on ceramic coatings. Same goes for Adam's Car Shampoo that I use for full washes so it is down to install or product. I am still voting on install since I've had better performance from a car treated much worse with a lesser coating.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

I assume that the more you wash a car that has ceramic coating (ie, Opti-coat Plus) the shorter the lifespan? They state it has a 5 year warranty but I guess that is not how long it lasts, right?
Old 12-13-2018, 12:13 AM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I assume that the more you wash a car that has ceramic coating (ie, Opti-coat Plus) the shorter the lifespan? They state it has a 5 year warranty but I guess that is not how long it lasts, right?
Less than a year - not like I washed it every week.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Pro - failure?