Sponsored by:

CPO claim denied on headlight micro cracks

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 03:43 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
But it is transferable if the car is bought privately. Wasn't clear to me which is the case here.

My experience has always been that the service department can get most things through depending on how they write it up and how motivated they are to make it happen. I have had things approved in the past that were in the grey zone of eligible. This is when the fabled 'relationship' definitely comes in to play, and when they start to look at how many cars you have had, where you bought them, how you service them.....it's a bit like the airlines and point scoring their frequent frequent-fliers.

I assume if PCNA were asked to approve once, then it is on the system so a second dealer visit is somewhat pointless......
Totally agree. Same experience as yours.

The OP's first message says it was CPO and not bought from a Porsche dealer. Reading between the lines, i got the feeling it was from a non Porsche dealer. Since it was already bought to PCNA's attention, bringing it to another dealer is kind of moot.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much of the outcome would change if it were a CPO car purchased from a Porsche Certified dealer with this issue? Would PNA still say to pound sand?

Quick Reply: CPO claim denied on headlight micro cracks