Sponsored by:

Eibach front and rear sway bars initial review

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 09:50 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Eibach front and rear sway bars initial review

A few months ago, saw a post here from Eibach asking for a test car to develop a sway bar kit for our cars. They would need my car for a few days to do some measurements, develop a kit then do test fitting and I would get to keep the production 001 kit. I was a little hesitant at first because i didnt want to mess with the suspension setup since I feel that it was a perfect balance between the occasion track days and normal road driving. But what the heck, i figure I can always go back to stock if I dont like it.

Just so we know, I have a 2012.5 CS with SPASM on sport wheels with 295 rear tires

I picked up the car today with Eibach front and rear sway bar and end links for the rear. I am not sure what the dimensions are (maybe Eibach can chime in) but here is my initial review with only about 20 miles of driving in light rain. I would need to do a bit more drive to see how what the difference.

1. I was worried that the more aggressive sway bars will even stiffen the suspension and made the ride too harsh....but it didnt impact the ride quality that much....maybe 5% stiffer from less body flex? I know sway bars usually doesn't impact much, but in this case, it was really supple. So I was really happy about that.
2. The turn in is more precise, and the the rear doesn't lean in as much vs stock, which is expected from a more aggressive rear sway bars. (not that our cars had a lot of body roll to begin with LOL)
3. no noise or vibration (as expected)
4. built quality is good as always with Eibach product, I have bought their lowering spring kit before for my Audi and BMWs and where happy with them.

Overall I think this would be a good upgrade for someone who is looking for an upgrade in the handling aspect of our car without sacrificing much in ride comfort.

I would provide more feedback once I get more drive time in with the kit. But so far so good.

Big thanks to Ryan, Michael and Kevin at Eibach

Old 11-30-2018, 03:37 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,181 Likes on 623 Posts

In that picture, they are the stock end links. I have the Elephant racing end links. Up graded end links are rose jointed.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:40 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Yes. The end link in the front are stock. I think they only did the rears if I am not mistaken
Old 12-02-2018, 02:58 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

do you know the difference in diameter between OEM and Eibach?
Old 12-02-2018, 09:35 PM
NeoGeo07
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groundhog
do you know the difference in diameter between OEM and Eibach?
Yes I'd be interested in knowing this as well, because OP's car has SPASM, which already has larger sway bars front and rear. So how much bigger are the Eibachs? Also are they adjustable? No point of changing out sway bars if they can't be adjusted.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:38 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NeoGeo07
Yes I'd be interested in knowing this as well, because OP's car has SPASM, which already has larger sway bars front and rear. So how much bigger are the Eibachs? Also are they adjustable? No point of changing out sway bars if they can't be adjusted.
They are not adjustable. here are the size

Stock Front- 28mm
Eibach Front- 32mm

Stock Rear- 24mm
Eibach Rear- 29mm

Quick Reply: Eibach front and rear sway bars initial review