Sponsored by:

Anal Owners Advice.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 06:59 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Hello all, I am absolutely thrilled with my 2018 GTS that I bought used. As an avid car owner and **** car owner that loves taking care of my Porsche and keeping it as clean and detailed as possible, I always am bugged by rock chips. I totally understand that is the process of driving and enjoying the car. There are a few on the front of my GTS, bumper especially, but it has 12,000 miles. Even though the previous owner did a spectacular job of keeping the car mint. This question is not for all of you, because many of you just drive the heck out of the car and enjoy it. Unfortunately, I wish I could feel that way. So my question is to the forum members that are really into keeping there car pristine, how to you learn to deal with the chips you get on your cars. Not that it really matters 5 years from now, but do rock chips effect your trade in value or everyone has them on a used car? Silly question to many and I am sure I will hear if you don't want chips, then don't drive the car and keep it a "garage queen".. I get it but many of you are older and wiser and might have some good advice when this small stuff bugs you. Touch ups are great but you can always see them. Anyways, sorry to ramble but this must be a little bothersome for others too. Thank you for your patience and appreciate the time in writing your opinions!
I am fairly meticulous about the upkeep of my cars. I drive them but like them looking their best. I have no issue with a bumper respect done professionally with proper paint and the PPF to protect. These are cars, not as valuable as our homes and they get repainted all the time. Bumper resprays are not a big issue for me. I know what it's like when you want the
Car to look good. Do what you want not what you think the next guy will want.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:10 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 441 Likes on 287 Posts

I really don't like the paint chip fill in thing/look. I had my entire car covered. Also makes me much less paranoid about introducing scratches during the washing process.

Quick Reply: Anal Owners Advice.....