Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Christmas trees and warning lights...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 06:57 PM
SeeForce
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts
Exclamation Christmas trees and warning lights...

I have a MY18 C2. It has ~700 miles on it.
Started the car the other day after having dinner and the warning lights on the dash went off one by one. Seems that every piece of electronics in the car failed.
I rebooted and the same thing happened. Decided to drive it home as it seemed to run fine. Stopped along the way and restarted again, and now the check engine light /airbag is permanently on.

Havent taken it to the shop yet, but was curious if anyone else has seen anything like this?

Reminded me of my old landrover disco and the three amigo kiss of death.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

I would toss a trickle charger on it overnight and see what happens. Left any lights on in the car or anything like that lately?
Old 11-27-2018, 08:13 PM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I had something very similar happen to mine including losing the park sensors and RWS and a "check engine light safe to drive". It happened after I had left the car out in the cold and had started it and moved it only a short distance a few times. After I drove the car for some distance it went away. I am thinking I ran the battery down enough that the voltage dropped below some level that triggered all the lights. Sort of unsettling when it happens though. Let us know if it turns out to be something more serious.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeForce
Started the car the other day after having dinner and the warning lights on the dash went off one by one. Seems that every piece of electronics in the car failed.
I rebooted and the same thing happened. Decided to drive it home as it seemed to run fine. Stopped along the way and restarted again, and now the check engine light /airbag is permanently on.

Havent taken it to the shop yet, but was curious if anyone else has seen anything like this?

Definitely under warranty, visit your Porsche dealer.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:08 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,142 Likes on 982 Posts

I have a 2018 C4 with 13k miles on it. Your car needs to be run otherwise it will throw tantrums. Just saying.

Sorry that I added absolutely no value to your question.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
I would toss a trickle charger on it overnight and see what happens. Left any lights on in the car or anything like that lately?

This. Christmas tree lighting probably indicates low battery.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:59 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

It's telling you to buy something like a charger ,

Trending Topics

Old 11-28-2018, 08:30 PM
SeeForce
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

this is helpful. guess ill have to drive the damned thing. lol

please excuse my ignorance as I have never owned a trickle charger. Ive seen a version that plugs into the cigarette lighter. do those actually work and does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:50 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

this is helpful. guess ill have to drive the damned thing. lol

please excuse my ignorance as I have never owned a trickle charger. Ive seen a version that plugs into the cigarette lighter. do those actually work and does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks in advance.
Ok rookie( smile). just go to amazon and get a CTEK charger. Same as the one priced double with the name Porsche on it at you dealer. several ways to hook it up, just search
battery charger here. Your car is very sensitive to battery volts. also, add thru the menu ,battery voltage to your right side guage to see what going on.

Quick Reply: Christmas trees and warning lights...