Sponsored by:

Hit a deer- need body shop in Philadelphia, bucks county, Princeton nj

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 05:30 PM
griss
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Hit a deer- need body shop in Philadelphia, bucks county, Princeton nj

I hit a deer today in my 2014 Carerra S-- about $ 10K worth of damage to front end-- any body shop redo's from Phila /NJ/ guys ?

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-13-2018, 05:34 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Sorry to hear. One of my biggest fears, especially where I drive.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:57 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Never used them, but if I had work needing done, this is who I would use:

http://karosserie.com/
Old 11-13-2018, 06:10 PM
afk
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

picture please
Old 11-13-2018, 06:15 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I hit a deer last year too. I looked up the closed Porsche body shop at www.porschecollisioncenter.com

They did a great job, very knowledgeable. I suggest you take a look at that site.

Sounds like you're ok which is the main thing. Our cars are very low, quite possible the deer goes through the windshield and ends up on your lap....scary
Old 11-13-2018, 07:01 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

This ^.
Certain parts, mostly frame related cannot be purchased from indy body shops. Porsche Certified Collision Center is a must, especially for resale. Sorry to hear about this. My P-Car isn't driven on the street anymore but I am paranoid about this. There are more deer than people where I weekend, especially this time of year when they are mating.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:15 PM
David Salama
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the accident, but I can't help myself seeing the irony in this post. As long as we don't live in BUCKS county, or have the name Jeff Dehr, we should be safe. BTW, you are close to the amount of damage to consider fixing it without insurance unless it's a lease. Your resale value due to a bad Carfax report will probably cost you 10K on the sale. Hopefully you can be compensated for the value loss alternatively. Good luck!
Old 11-13-2018, 07:31 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by David Salama
Sorry for the accident, but I can't help myself seeing the irony in this post. As long as we don't live in BUCKS county, or have the name Jeff Dehr, we should be safe. BTW, you are close to the amount of damage to consider fixing it without insurance unless it's a lease. Your resale value due to a bad Carfax report will probably cost you 10K on the sale. Hopefully you can be compensated for the value loss alternatively. Good luck!
I wonder if one could claim diminished value and get compensated in a case like this?
Old 11-13-2018, 07:35 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Cavallo Auto body
1477 Wilmington Pike
West Chester, PA 19382
United States
ask forCJ . Great shop used to doing high end cars.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:38 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by David Salama
I've never understood this logic. An accident is an accident, whether it's on the CarFax or not. The owners knows regardless. Are you suggesting someone has a $10,000 repair bill, pays it out of pocket, and tells the next buyer, "I have a clean CarFax report"?

Originally Posted by shammerman

I wonder if one could claim diminished value and get compensated in a case like this?
Yes, if the deer has insurance coverage. We know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:40 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Never used them, but if I had work needing done, this is who I would use:

http://karosserie.com/
These guys used to do all the touch up work on Ferraris sent to North America right off the boat. I saw every F40 blind for the US and Canada in one place. Wild.

That having been said, they did a sloppy job on my then-new E30 318is.

I'd go Cavallino given the two mentioned so far.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I've never understood this logic. An accident is an accident, whether it's on the CarFax or not. The owners knows regardless. Are you suggesting someone has a $10,000 repair bill, pays it out of pocket, and tells the next buyer, "I have a clean CarFax report"?

It makes even less sense when insurance companies contribute little to CarFax reports other than total loss vehicles. The vast majority of their data comes from State DMV's & body shops. This info is on their website.

I'm with you on the insanity of not using your insurance company for losses covered by insurance. I can understand trying to avoid some small at-fault accident by paying cash to the victim. But if you aren't at fault, and avoid using insurance, why are you paying for it?
Old 11-13-2018, 07:57 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

That's an interesting question. I just went through this process of DV, and it was pretty clear if you were the perp, forget about it. However, if you were the vic (I was), you were entitled to try to collect. No mention about uninsured deer.

However hitting a deer is not a collision claim, but a comprehensive claim. The OP may be in a position to plow some new ground here.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:25 PM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Cavallo Auto body
1477 Wilmington Pike
West Chester, PA 19382
United States
ask forCJ . Great shop used to doing high end cars.
I also recommend Cavallo's. They have a few different locations, but all do great work.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:28 PM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

not in this case. each state is different. PA does not allow 1st party diminished value claimes

Quick Reply: Hit a deer- need body shop in Philadelphia, bucks county, Princeton nj