Sponsored by:

2018 Targa GTS Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 08:58 AM
harlandoc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2018 Targa GTS Issues

I've had my 2018 Targa GTS since May. I've had a couple relatively minor, but annoying issues and am hoping someone can shed some light.

First, last Sunday and now again today, exactly one week later, but never before, the steering wheel does not come to the proper and previously set position when I get into the car and turn the key. It stays in the highest position it took to let me out. Not only that, but I cannot adjust the wheel vertically, up or down at all, but it does retract and extend (telescope). Last week, it was all normal again after a few hours, but right now, it's stuck in the highest position and I usually drive with it in the lowest possible position.

Second, the park distance control does not seem right. My last car was a 2015 Targa 4S, and the park distance control would stop alarming when I engaged the parking brake. On my new car, it alarms all the time, whether the parking brake is on or not. It's quite annoying if you want to wait somewhere with the car on for a few minutes and your'e anywhere near a curb or wall. Also, sometimes on the highway, it randomly and persistently alarms when I'm not close to anything. This is VERY annoying and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.

Any color on these issues would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old 11-11-2018, 10:30 AM
harlandoc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

And now, just like last week, it’s working.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Very strange....sounds like a visit to the dealer is in order.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:58 AM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Regarding the PDC, what you described occurs with my GTS. Actually, I was unaware the PDC alarms are suppose to shut-off when the parking brake is engaged.

The intermittent alarm while driving is indeed annoying. I have observed any particle, including exhaust fumes from the vehicle in front at a stop or dust winds sounds the PDC alarm.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

You can turn off parking assist sound. There is a button on the overhead console.

Quick Reply: 2018 Targa GTS Issues