991.1 Ducktail Hardware needed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 02:43 AM
ZakAttack
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.1 Ducktail Hardware needed?

Hello Everyone!

I am pretty excited I am purchasing an OEM Sport Design Ducktail for my 991.1. I am purchasing just the ducktail by itself, the user purchased it from suncoast and I received the instructions but am I to purchase all the parts (screws, mounting brackets, wiring harness etc) as well? I know the brake light would be relocated to the ducktail, but wouldn't a lot of the same hardware transfer over from the stock spoiler. Thank you in advance for your input/advice.

Zak
Old 11-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Cman21
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZakAttack
Hello Everyone!

I am pretty excited I am purchasing an OEM Sport Design Ducktail for my 991.1. I am purchasing just the ducktail by itself, the user purchased it from suncoast and I received the instructions but am I to purchase all the parts (screws, mounting brackets, wiring harness etc) as well? I know the brake light would be relocated to the ducktail, but wouldn't a lot of the same hardware transfer over from the stock spoiler. Thank you in advance for your input/advice.

Zak
You need the base mounting bracket,screws,and wiring harness for the ducktail. None of the speed activivated parts transfer over.

Cman21
Old 11-08-2018, 08:27 PM
ZakAttack
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Cman21

You need the base mounting bracket,screws,and wiring harness for the ducktail. None of the speed activivated parts transfer over.

Cman21
thanks for the reply Cman21! Do you happen to know what are the parts I would to buy specifically, I received the full 16 product list that totaled to $1100 wholesale which is including all screws etc which I feel like can carry over.

I see mounting metal hardware, mount adapter, brake light trim etc
Old 11-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Cman21
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased the ducktail kit from Suncoast parts and none of the original factory spoiler parts transfer over to the ducktail. I don't have the parts list available to view. Suncoast is good to work with and should be able to help you figure out what's needed.Cman21
Old 11-12-2018, 01:13 PM
ZakAttack
5th Gear

Hope it’s not all of them listed, #3 metal bracket is $500-$700 alone, looks identical to my current one but only one way to find out is during the install. Thank

Quick Reply: 991.1 Ducktail Hardware needed?