My GTS Has Arrived - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Sponsored by:

My GTS Has Arrived

Old 10-25-2018, 11:46 AM
Hurricane
Super User

Originally Posted by USMC10 View Post
This was what I was thinking. Check the spec sheet...on a GTS, you do not want any boxes checked on the suspension configuration...otherwise you end up with PASM instead of SPASM. SPASM is standard, PASM (which raises the ride height) is a no-cost option.

Not sure if you custom built this car...if not, I'd definitely look into this. I've heard stories that some dealers check the PASM box during configuration not realizing the implication...they think they are selecting the Sport PASM but in fact they are optioning it out.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Unless you check PDCC with SPASM...that box is okay to check.

You can also check PDCC with PASM if you want the 4x4 look and the slightly softer ride...
Old 10-25-2018, 12:36 PM
caritch
User

That's mine with spasm when it first landed.
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2018, 01:35 PM
USMC10
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Unless you check PDCC with SPASM...that box is okay to check.

You can also check PDCC with PASM if you want the 4x4 look and the slightly softer ride...
That man is correct!
Old 10-25-2018, 04:46 PM
orclean1
Addict
Rennlist Member

love the color enjoy it , make sure you drive it firmly
Old 10-25-2018, 09:46 PM
DBH
User

Tire/fender gap does appear to be wider than it should be. Could be angle of photo or shipping blocks. My GTS with SPASM has a gap (btwn wheel and fender) of approx. 3 1/2 inches front and 3 3/4 rear. I can get two fingers between rear fender tire, but not the front. The suspension will settle just a bit over time.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:58 PM
glover
User

How much harsher is the SPASM ride compared to the PASM. I just ordered a GTS coupe today (with the PASM) and sold my C7 Z06. The Z06 rode really good in tour and sport mode. Does the GTS really ride harsher than a Z06 with the SPASM.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by glover View Post
How much harsher is the SPASM ride compared to the PASM. I just ordered a GTS coupe today (with the PASM) and sold my C7 Z06. The Z06 rode really good in tour and sport mode. Does the GTS really ride harsher than a Z06 with the SPASM.
Silly question but did you drive any of the GTS cars? I sold a C7 but not the Z06 although I did drive one of each and depending on the modes they were about the same to me.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:09 PM
glover
User

Was the C7 a Stingray or Grand Sport. If it was a Grand Sport, it should have rode similar to the Z06.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:22 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by glover View Post
Was the C7 a Stingray or Grand Sport. If it was a Grand Sport, it should have rode similar to the Z06.
It was a Stingray but it still had modes that stiffened the suspension and I did drive the Z06 as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: