Sponsored by:

Another T? Maybe...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:56 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts
Default Another T? Maybe...

In researching this topic, I found some precedence from Porsche on it... The "OG" T was produced from 1967-1973 in the A, B, C, D, E and F Series 911's. It didn't continue into the 930's though... Also seeing some more press on Porsche producing a Cayman T in the future as of today, based on some NHTSA docs that the trade mags have uncovered. Pretty cool.

Here is a link to Total 911's, incomplete, but pretty interesting Datafile... Total 911 Info for 911 P cars. Also pretty much bolstered my argument that the 991.2 T is a redux of the 1987-1989 911 Carrera 3.2 CS autos. "Removing the ‘luxuries’ from the Carrera 3.2 sliced around 40kg off the car’s weight. Revised engine management gave a higher rev limit of 6,840rpm, but Porsche never claimed there was any increase in power. Suspension was uprated and a limited-slip differential was standard." I'm approaching that weight reduction with my build actually. Only 340 of those bad boys made, though. I think we are surpassing that with this run. Not by a whole lot however. and time will tell, of course. That CS also came at the tail end of the 911 run and didn't continue into the 964. The 964 RS and RS A cars were truly a bit different, and while I had originally also thought our new T was also an offshoot from them, now I believe differently.

Also came across some hilarious debate about the merits of these cars. it seems that our current back/forth over "the best" is nothing new: Touring (for ******** only) HAHAHA! No offense intended for anyone/any inclination, but the fact that it is from 16 years ago only makes me smile about how much nothing changes...

A new 992 T? Your guess is as good as mine, but definitely not anything Porsche hasn't done before and looking more and more like they will do it again with a 911 or Cayman in some form.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:27 AM
raoul911
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It’s quite possible according to this Road & Track article from 11 days ago. https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...carrera-t-992/
Old 10-20-2018, 08:55 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by raoul911
It’s quite possible according to this Road & Track article from 11 days ago. https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...carrera-t-992/
Absolutely. Saw/referenced that article elsewhere. It has been interesting to me how one word/line "Absolutely." has been taken and run with by almost everyone. All roads lead back to that one convo at this point. Definitely will be interesting to see what Porsche officially confirms and when...

And welcome to RL, btw... First Post!
S

Quick Reply: Another T? Maybe...