View Poll Results: Which look?
20" BBS CH-R
71.62%
19" BBS e88
12.16%
Custom 20" multi piece (HRE)
18.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Which BBS look do you like better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Pure745
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking Poll: Which BBS look do you like better?

I've gone down a major rabbit hole.. which is not over, by the way

My car has an OEM+ look to it, lowered on H&R springs, Soul Performance exhaust and wheels. I don't plan on doing much more than that, so I really want the stance and wheels to be amazing. I thought I achieved this with the CH-R, till I saw some amazing cars done by Supreme Power on e88/e07's. I found some on here and rolled the dice, so now I have 2 sets of BBS and as of now, the looks are similar but very different and I thought it would be a fun poll/post to hear what you guys think

Look 1: 20" CH-R's on PS4's

Look 2: 19" e88's on Sport Cup 2's (might need to drop the car a little more if I keep these wheels)

Option 3: would be to custom order a multi piece set in 20" which I think would be perfect - but I really like BBS and want to stay with them.

Let me know your thoughts and vote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:57 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Option 3.

I think 19"s on the 991 are too small if you ask me.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Pure745
Instructor

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Option 3.

I think 19"s on the 991 are too small if you ask me.
That's what I'm torn on! I think it's too small.. but if I lowered it another .5" would look sick.. just so drastically different looks.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:01 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Pure745
That's what I'm torn on! I think it's too small.. but if I lowered it another .5" would look sick.. just so drastically different looks.
And I'm not picking 20" just because you left it open to HRE's which I now just noticed on your poll. To be honest I voted for option 3 because I thought that said 20" BBS E88's. A lot better looking than the CH-R if you ask me.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Pure745
Instructor

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
And I'm not picking 20" just because you left it open to HRE's which I now just noticed on your poll. To be honest I voted for option 3 because I thought that said 20" BBS E88's. A lot better looking than the CH-R if you ask me.
Yeah, if BBS made a 20" LM this would be I would be really happy, but they don't I'm a huge BBS fan (no offense), but HRE would be my 2nd choice if I don't settle in with one of these sets.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:19 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Yeah, if BBS made a 20" LM this would be I would be really happy, but they don't I'm a huge BBS fan (no offense), but HRE would be my 2nd choice if I don't settle in with one of these sets.
I'm a huge BBS fan as well, no offense taken. I guess that means well get more Classic 300 orders since we make these in 17"-22" - https://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/classic-series/300

Old 10-17-2018, 08:20 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Old 10-17-2018, 08:28 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

I've gone down a major rabbit hole.. which is not over, by the way

My car has an OEM+ look to it, lowered on H&R springs, Soul Performance exhaust and wheels. I don't plan on doing much more than that, so I really want the stance and wheels to be amazing. I thought I achieved this with the CH-R, till I saw some amazing cars done by Supreme Power on e88/e07's. I found some on here and rolled the dice, so now I have 2 sets of BBS and as of now, the looks are similar but very different and I thought it would be a fun poll/post to hear what you guys think

Look 1: 20" CH-R's on PS4's

Look 2: 19" e88's on Sport Cup 2's (might need to drop the car a little more if I keep these wheels)

Option 3: would be to custom order a multi piece set in 20" which I think would be perfect - but I really like BBS and want to stay with them.

Let me know your thoughts and vote
You may want to call Eric over at Supreme Power, as he should be getting a set of 20-inch BBS FI-Rs in 9A2 Porsche silver from my car. The rears were test mounted and driven all of a block. Fronts never mounted. All they need is TPMS, but you can mount them on your car and see what you think as is. Only reason I passed on them is the 62mm offset for the rear won't work on my .2, as we all learned. Killed me as they are ultra light and beautiful. Should be lovely as far as fit goes on a .1.

For the poll above, I voted for 1. I didn't think I'd like CH-Rs on a 991...until I saw your car in another thread. There's something about the Agate with the bright silver of those wheels. They're lovely...and the 19s look too small to these eyes (on your car) for some reason.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 PM
Pure745
Instructor

Originally Posted by stout
You may want to call Eric over at Supreme Power, as he should be getting a set of 20-inch BBS FI-Rs in 9A2 Porsche silver from my car. The rears were test mounted and driven all of a block. Fronts never mounted. All they need is TPMS, but you can mount them on your car and see what you think as is. Only reason I passed on them is the 62mm offset for the rear won't work on my .2, as we all learned. Killed me as they are ultra light and beautiful. Should be lovely as far as fit goes on a .1.

For the poll above, I voted for 1. I didn't think I'd like CH-Rs on a 991...until I saw your car in another thread. There's something about the Agate with the bright silver of those wheels. They're lovely...and the 19s look too small to these eyes (on your car) for some reason.
I just left there, they re-balanced these and installed them - they were going to do the alignment but we were going back and forth over lowering it more/how and if I was going to end up ordering 20" HRE 300's. He actually mentioned your wheels a few times but I really want a mesh wheel. Something about that angle where the rear fender and lip/mesh just does it for me The CH-R's look great.. but when you see the e88's in person, they look insane.. they're just 19's. The beefy tires look cool.. but again, it's just a way different look. When Eric stumbles onto this thread.. he is going to roll his eyes

Also - I must mention, the ride and handling on the 19's is way better.. I can also tell how much lighter then e88 is than the CH-R.

Edit: Also - my CH-R's might be for sale if I keep these E88's. They're at Supreme right now, Eric ordered/installed/aligned them etc.

Last edited by Pure745; 10-17-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:18 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

I would have voted E88's all day had they been 20" sizing but I agree with others than it looks a tad bit small on the car. It's definitely the superior wheel over the CH-R's.

I think with the proper sizing on the HRE Classic 300's, or even the re-released iconic 540's, you'd get the best of all worlds: quality, performance, and looks.

Give us a holler if you need a second opinion on fitments and finish choice. We've been HRE largest dealer for over a decade straight so we have a large client gallery to look through for ideas - http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/po...s/porsche-991/

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 10-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Pure745
Instructor

Originally Posted by WheelsB
I would have voted E88's all day had they been 20" sizing but I agree with others than it looks a tad bit small on the car. It's definitely the superior wheel over the CH-R's.

I think with the proper sizing on the HRE Classic 300's, or even the re-released iconic 540's, you'd get the best of all worlds: quality, performance, and looks.

Give us a holler if you need a second opinion on fitments and finish choice. We've been HRE largest dealer for over a decade straight so we have a large client gallery to look through for ideas - http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/po...s/porsche-991/
You pretty much summed up why I'm still on the fence with these, it really is the fact that their 19's. I think I'm going to lower the car more and get the fender gap down and then see how I feel. The main point is the e88 is a far superior wheel to the CH-R, the fit and finish look incredible and it's not even close comparing the two. The CH-R just looks exceptional on the 991.. I'm not a huge fan of it on other cars really..

I'm going to wait a bit to see if the 19's grow on me, if not, I'm ordering 20" 300's or 540's. Shocked BBS doesn't have this fitment in the LM.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:01 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Man, I like those CH-Rs on your 991 so much that I might run them on my Carrera despite their heft—if they made the right rear offset for a 991.2. This application feels like the old CH on the E46 M3...a match made in heaven.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:01 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

You pretty much summed up why I'm still on the fence with these, it really is the fact that their 19's. I think I'm going to lower the car more and get the fender gap down and then see how I feel. The main point is the e88 is a far superior wheel to the CH-R, the fit and finish look incredible and it's not even close comparing the two. The CH-R just looks exceptional on the 991.. I'm not a huge fan of it on other cars really..

I'm going to wait a bit to see if the 19's grow on me, if not, I'm ordering 20" 300's or 540's. Shocked BBS doesn't have this fitment in the LM.
Share some photos after the lowering. I think it may help a bit but it won't be that home run that you're looking for. I'll be here to lend a helping hand with the HRE's
Old 10-18-2018, 05:41 PM
Pure745
Instructor

Originally Posted by stout
Man, I like those CH-Rs on your 991 so much that I might run them on my Carrera despite their heft—if they made the right rear offset for a 991.2. This application feels like the old CH on the E46 M3...a match made in heaven.
what offsets do you need on the .2?
Old 10-18-2018, 06:09 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

what offsets do you need on the .2?
Fronts from the 991.1 will work on a 991.2, but the 991.2 rear is ET76 from the factory. BBS CH-R and FI-R 20s are ET65 and ET62, respectively. That's like adding an 11mm or 14mm spacer—no bad thing on a 991.1 but too much on the 991.2's rear wheel, which already stuffs the rear fender pretty nicely. I'd say 5mm is the max add back there, though several people tell me ET60-ET65 is fine for the 991.2. I disagree, as it's too much poke for my liking. Michelin 305s stick out, and Pirelli 305s are only a bit better. Either way I'd want to roll the lips—but I'd vastly prefer the correct wheels. For now, it seems the only way to roll for the .2 offset change is custom wheels or live with the above. Hoping wheel makers will catch onto the change and make new rears to match their fronts—particularly as T customers start tracking the cars.

Like the wheel companies, TireRack hasn't caught onto the change yet, so many or all of the wheels they list for the 991.2 are in 991.1 offsets. One potential design snag is that the rear wheels for 991.2 NB is gonna have to get flatter...hopefully no one makes a convex rear!

Quick Reply: Poll: Which BBS look do you like better?